Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Jeep overheated. Radiator replaced. Problems galore since. Replaced plugs and coils. Seems to have fuel issues and computer glitches. Might need new TCM.

·
Administrator
16,027 Posts

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,022 Posts
You might try this to reset the computers and have the Commander RE-learn the correct settings to see if that might help.

1. Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable. Remember, the positive battery cable.

2. Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors.

3. Reconnect the positive cable to the battery.

4. Turn the key to on but do not start.

5. Turn the headlights on.

6. Turn the headlights off.

7. Turn the key off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might try this to reset the computers and have the Commander RE-learn the correct settings to see if that might help.

1. Disconnect the battery by removing the positive battery cable. Remember, the positive battery cable.

2. Ground the positive cable to the negative cable for 30 seconds to erase the electric charge in the capacitors.

7. Turn the key off.
Thank you. I will try it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. I have read them. Thank you!

7. Turn the key off.
i did the reset. It Helped but I still have a cylinder that is not firing. I am checking the fuel injectors to see if they’re all working properly. If you have any other suggestions for me please let me know. Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts