Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this 07 Commander Limited Hemi last Saturday.

All stock right now. (except the mopar slush mats ha)

I didn't grow up tinkering with cars, so it's going to take a lot of reading/learning before I start modifying I'd imagine.

Anyway, it came fully loaded.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Made an album with the rest of them

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My other ride

2000 BMW 323ci

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like those pedals! I don't suppose they're stock?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ Sal - yea those are pictures from the dealer's website where I bought it. It's covered in road salt now hah.

Nitemare - no idea? I bought it last Saturday and that's how it came. No one else has pedals like that? It's something that stood out to me as well. I really like them. I'd like to find a matching plate to put beside the brake, on that incline where you rest your foot (if that has a name). I'll look into it.

Shood - that takes all the fun out of it!

I think my first mod will be skid plates from 4xGuard and then a K&N air intake (http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-1549)

So many decisions.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
No one else has pedals like that? It's something that stood out to me as well.
Those are aftermarket pedals. Obviously the OEM pedals were replaced by a previous owner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those are aftermarket pedals. Obviously the OEM pedals were replaced by a previous owner.
Yea that's pretty interesting. I wonder what else the previous owner may have installed. it does have those mopar window air deflectors...

I'm including some underbody pictures i just took. I'm curious about a couple of things I saw.. looks like maybe an aftermarket skid plate? Not sure. I'll defer to the wisdom of you guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First Off Road Adventures

A little off roading in West Virginia

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Did you climb that hill ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wish I had taken more pictures of the full trip. There are hundreds of miles of trails where we were varying from very easy to very difficult (ie my completely stock commander would not be attempting them - particularly alone.)

PS that hill is waaayy steeper than it looks

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you climb that hill ?
Knew that was coming. I went to the first landing before the women in the jeep started yelling at me. The tracks are from dirt bikes. I'd say it'd be nearly impossible to climb that.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Knew that was coming. I went to the first landing before the women in the jeep started yelling at me. The tracks are from dirt bikes. I'd say it'd be nearly impossible to climb that.
It's doable.

·
1,993 Posts
I'm happy to see you out there getting dirty. But keep in mind you XK is naked so to speak I looked at your pics and you don't have the skid plates. Also keep in mind several XK's have sucked water do to the stock intake design so tread carefully. I'm not trying to discourage you I did the same thing in stock configuration only informing you so you can make good decisions while off road. Are you going to go to camp commander ( flag pole) is in wva.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Congrats on the MOD Sal!!

I'm happy to see you out there getting dirty. But keep in mind you XK is naked so to speak I looked at your pics and you don't have the skid plates. Also keep in mind several XK's have sucked water do to the stock intake design so tread carefully. I'm not trying to discourage you I did the same thing in stock configuration only informing you so you can make good decisions while off road. Are you going to go to camp commander ( flag pole) is in wva.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SAL - that crossing is pretty low. There were some I avoided. I'm going to start ordering the 4xguards here soon. What are your suggestions on making it more water resilient besides a snorkel? I don't think I'd want one on my commander.

This is the first I've heard about Flag Pole. I'd love to go - but I think my ride probably needs some very necessary upgrades before I can keep up.

Cico - allow me to extend a formal invite to everyone! There are enough trials to camp and ride for 3+ days and not hit the same trails twice. The area is called Putney - it's a coal mine ghost town at the end of Campbells Creek outside of Charleston WV. Some of the roads are still maintained for gas well servicing and logging - but there's everything from rock crawling, to mud to steep climbs and everything in between. There's a lot of red clay mud that's really hard to get out of.

Jeep5253 - you lead the way on that one!

·
1,993 Posts
I haven't come up with a water tight solution yet my last attemp faile when I sucked water up again. I had to build a fire and take the XK apart and dry everything off LOL just so you know I'm not joking here are some pics

Click my XK parts link in my sig I have all the armor listed with prices and priority as well. And my first trip to flag pole was with no skids and we had bone stock XK's with us as well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts