Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

so i want to put a grille guard on. the wife wont allow a whole new bumper so a grille guard it is. i was originally looking at the bull bar or the mopar guard. i noticed that black horse or steelcraft make something bigger that covers the headlights. in your opinions whats the best bang for your buck and the most practical. i wont be wheelin it all to often. let me know what you guys think on craftsmanship and durability. thanks

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I like the look of the Mopar guard. It also comes in gray, so depending on how dark your green is, you have a choice. I'm thinking of swapping my grill for a black one, with chrome inserts - for a "reverse" StarTech look. :eek:rangehat:

[/IMG]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks nice. how durable you think it is?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I also have the Mopar bumper guard. It's functional for holding lights and will help minor impact, but don't expect it to perform like a true bull bar or the 4XGuard front guard. It is not intended to pull, or push heavy objects. I like the way it looks though.

·
Registered
362 Posts
First you indicated the guard was to be more cosmetic... but if you want looks AND function, stop screwing around and visit 4XGuard's website. I have the Matrix and the Front Guard. They are very tough... look great and provide genuine protection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts