Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed anything on their commander to set it apart from the rest? Im well aware of the E&G billet however im not 100% sold on it. Post pix!

·
Registered
541 Posts
They now have an improved version of the chicken wire on ebay going for about $30-$35. I thought about it but... just spent 300 on a roof basket. :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Dabitz said:
They now have an improved version of the chicken wire on ebay going for about $30-$35. I thought about it but... just spent 300 on a roof basket. :)
Sorry to stray from the topic, but can you post a pic and some details on your basket(maybe in another thread)? I'm looking to get the mega somthing or other:confused:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've got the grill inserts from ebay installed on my black JC.

No pics yet. It's hard to get some decent pics when I don't get home until after dark.

I have a few mods which I will try to post pics of soon.

thus far:
Silverstar Ultras for Low/High/Fog lights
Mesh grill inserts off ebay
1.25 inch wheel spacers
PAC Audio module for aftermarket headunit conversion to stock boston accoustics amplifier
Kenwood Headunit
XM Radio

RR 2.25 inch lift kit sitting in the garage. Debating whether to install or not.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
djmaro76 said:
I've got the grill inserts from ebay installed on my black JC.

No pics yet. It's hard to get some decent pics when I don't get home until after dark.

I have a few mods which I will try to post pics of soon.

thus far:
Silverstar Ultras for Low/High/Fog lights
You found Ultras for your fogs? I only found standard Silverstars for the fogs.

·
Registered
160 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
You found Ultras for your fogs? I only found standard Silverstars for the fogs.
My bad!!! I have Ultra's for the High/Low beams. Just regular Silverstars for the fogs. There really isn't much difference between them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would be careful with grill inserts, as they can sometimes block off airflow through the radiator. Some of the wire mesh materials used for these are only 60-80% open area (hence reducing airflow through the radiator by 20-40%).

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
donutz said:
the overland has a black plastic mesh looking inserts on its grille. does any one know where I can order them?
It might be a one piece part of the grille. Not sure as I haven't seen an Commander Overland in person yet.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm 99.9% sure that the overland inserts are 1 piece from the factory with the grille also. I attempted to purchase just the inserts and was going to have them dipped. Unfortunately, after searching around my idea and dreams were shattered. :(

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, keep us posted on pictures! Thanks!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Avsfan33-hey man, did you get any pictures yet?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts