Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, but searched and didnt find anything, anyone know if any of the front grills vary by year? I know a few body parts interior/exterior changed through out the years. Trying to figure out if all grills are the same or if they changed at some point.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
The grills stayed the same for all 4 years the Commander was in production. But there was a slight difference between models -- the Overland had a cross-hatch pattern behind the chrome instead of the vertical bars the other models had behind the chrome.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
The grills stayed the same for all 4 years the Commander was in production. But there was a slight difference between models -- the Overland had a cross-hatch pattern behind the chrome instead of the vertical bars the other models had behind the chrome.
The Commander was in production for 5 years, not 4.

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010.

The grills are interchangeable for all model years - regardless of any cosmetic variations some trim packages have.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
The Commander was in production for 5 years, not 4.

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 & 2010.
You are correct. Thanks for catching my mistake.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thought about switching my current grill out for a chrome one...but would look silly since it would be the only chrome piece on the jeep, minus the rear handle bars

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
Thought about switching my current grill out for a chrome one...but would look silly since it would be the only chrome piece on the jeep, minus the rear handle bars
Personally, I love the chrome grill....it's classy.

·
Registered
303 Posts
When it warms up I plan to have a grill painted to match my XKs color.

PM me and you can have my chrome grill. Just have to pay shipping or pick up if you're close.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts

PM me and you can have my chrome grill. Just have to pay shipping or pick up if you're close.

I've seen quite a few XK's like this.

·
Registered
336 Posts

Will definitely message you. I tried to get the rest of the chrome off of Heffer and his parted commander but it didn't have all the pieces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts