Jeep Commander Forum banner

Who's interested in a group buy for a custom front steel bar order?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a long shot, but since there aren'tmany satisfactory local steel front bar solutions available for the Commander i asked uneek4x4 if they would make one.
They do really nice ones for the current jeep range.

This was their reply:
"If you can get 10 people together with deposits, would do for around $2k."

So, who's interested? Could maybe haggle the price a little better for a $20k lump sum order...

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
They can be made for so much less than $2,000.

That was their way of saying they were not interested.

·
Registered
554 Posts
They can be made for so much less than $2,000.

That was their way of saying they were not interested.
Agreed. for 2 g's, you could bull bar, brush guard or push bar, what ever you want to call them, skid plate front to rear, cai AND exhaust. they definately don't want the business

·
Registered
554 Posts
If so, then that would be a bargain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will second that! :)

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
Any updates on the bumper, Eric ?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a front bumper pretty much designed and ready for prototyping but have decided on building myself a CNC Plasma cutter first. So this is on the back burner for the next three months or so.

I have just started ordering parts for the CNC plasma but Christmas has pretty much stalled forward movement. If anyone is interested I could start a build thread on the plasma when I get going on it?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I have a front bumper pretty much designed and ready for prototyping but have decided on building myself a CNC Plasma cutter first. So this is on the back burner for the next three months or so.

I have just started ordering parts for the CNC plasma but Christmas has pretty much stalled forward movement. If anyone is interested I could start a build thread on the plasma when I get going on it?
:banger:

Interested.

·
Registered
309 Posts

Very interested, a flat pack would be awesome for shipping!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing a build thread when it happens. A little birdie told me Santa's bringin me a TIG/Stick welder and cutting torch, so I'm goin to start building bumpers. I'm goin to build the rear like trialbyfire's, and the front like get lost 4x4. I'm also extending my defender roof rack 4 Ft to reach all the way to the windshield.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Cool thing about being a Commander for a Maintenance unit... I have 5 experienced welders and a ton of welding tools.
What are you looking at for metal?
Do you have an idea for how the winch will mount behind the bumper?

The design looks sick :banger:

Dave

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hoping to use 3/16" steel plate but may have to add some 1/4" to beef it up for winching.

The winch is mounted "feet first" and there is enough space to fit up to a 9000lb Warn. Maybe even a 12K but I still have to check that. The fee spool leaver will not be accessible unless you get creative with cables, air or extended it though the front. Which is doable.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts