Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any interest in a group buy on our Bumpers?

We will do a combo special with the Skid Plate and Overland edition bumper.

Pricing would be $750 for the combo. this is our rock bottom price. Shipping is Generally around $200. But we can do rate checks on addresses.

expect around 1 month for build time.

We would like 5 orders. more if there is interest. This will be the only time we will offer a group buy on the bumpers. after the group buy the bumpers will return to the old price of $1099.

We have also made a few small changes to the bumpers. The tubing used on the stinger has been enlarged to 1.75" diameter from the smaller 1.5" diameter.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
One concern with the larger diameter pipe, Make sure you tilt it forward a little more. I had less than 1/4" between my winch and grill and even less between the stinger and winch. If I had the larger pipe my winch would not have fit.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Wow, this is a steal. Put me on the tentative list, plan on shipping it out to DC, 20147 ZIP code, should have the cash before the end of the group buy.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm sorry, but i don't want to handle any powder coating. if i had a powder coating machine, i would be all for it. but it would cost $300 each bumper for powder coating. the guys that do powder coating here are very expensive. i loose a lot of money on powder coating. and then with shipping, i'm sure it would be a major pain.

i'll lean the stinger forward more to provide better clearance.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Gotta work on the wife...

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I'd be first in line if I didn't already have one!

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
What's a rough estimate on painting vs powdercoat?
The prices on line-x vs powdercoating is really dependent on whether or not you have a decent shop nearby. The first place I went to wanted ~$700 for sanding and lining the bumper, rock rails and skid plates. The place I'm getting it done is doing everything for $375 with a warranty (against everything except smashing them against rocks). The shop is a "permatech" shop, so when I get it finished, I'll post the pics.

I tried doing it myself, but failed - miserably. Not my forte I guess.

This is a great price on a fabulous bumper. Don't miss it!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I powder coated mine and it turned out nice but one thing you need to keep in mind is that the paint will chip if you hit something with your bumper.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wow... and wow. I was planning on taking a road trip to Yellowstone and working something out then, but don't know if I can pass this up. Could you check shipping to Granger, IN 46530?
Also, will it accept other lights in the fog light holes?
Has anyone put one on a black commander before?

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shipping would come to $175.

you can fit any 5" light inside the hole. i have not had anyone do that yet.

Wow... and wow. I was planning on taking a road trip to Yellowstone and working something out then, but don't know if I can pass this up. Could you check shipping to Granger, IN 46530?
Also, will it accept other lights in the fog light holes?
Has anyone put one on a black commander before?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Do the bumpers come with instructions for install detailing what to cut and where? I am interested, but it must be tentative right now. Do you have a date set for when you will need the payments for this?

Thanks much! Especially for such a good deal!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm looking at funds right now - but put me on the tentative list for the time being, I'll know by next week either way...thanks for the offer!

·
Registered
346 Posts
One more question for Ross or anyone else that already has one - can you tell me the distance fromt the grill to the front of the bumper - I need to make sure I can still fit in the garage with this added - thanks!

·
2,248 Posts
You can fit, if you are too long the bumper will push anything out of the way and remodel your wall for you. Lee is out with friends playing Bingo or I would measure it for you.

She must have caught a ride with one of her girlfriends because the Commander is still here, It is 10 inches from the grill to the front of the bumper. A little more on mine because I have the license plate mounted on a pintle hook plate.

It should fit.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.