Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Just recently noticed a growling noise in the frontend of my 06. It seemed to come on all of a sudden. I thought at first it was tire noise but this doesn't seem to be the case. I'm just running an all season tire too. It appears that it may be coming from the drivers side and more noticable at highway speeds. When I turn the wheel to the left on the highway it seems to be a little quieter. Any suggestions? Could it be a bearing already with 71,000 km on it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Hi Guys
Just recently noticed a growling noise in the frontend of my 06. It seemed to come on all of a sudden. I thought at first it was tire noise but this doesn't seem to be the case. I'm just running an all season tire too. It appears that it may be coming from the drivers side and more noticable at highway speeds. When I turn the wheel to the left on the highway it seems to be a little quieter. Any suggestions? Could it be a bearing already with 71,000 km on it?

Thanks
Im sure there is a possibility that it could be a wheel bearing. Is there anyway that you could be a little more specific or give us a little more information.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm...not real sure if I can go into more detail. I've basically got a noise coming from from the left front. Sounds like I'm running monster tires on the thing...thats what it sounds like in the cab. I can stick my head out the window and hear nothing even at lower speeds with less wind noise. If I turn to the left it seems to get a little quieter. But thats what it sounds like...like I'm running mudders on it......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from the dealership and they claim it's a wheel bearing. Seems odd at 70,000 km........Just did one on my 01 Cherokee for the first time with 190,000 on it.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts