Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, that's right. After considering one for so long, we've finally decided to get a Commander. No, I'm not giving up my 4Runner (I'm not crazy...), but the wife has been wanting to get back into an SUV for quite some time now and the Commander has always been preferable over the Grand Cherokee.

Anyway, my cousin owns a basically loaded black Limited. I've posted pictures of it on the forum a long time ago parked next to my 4Runner. He decided to trade it in, but the dealers weren't giving him anything for it, so he decided to try and sell on his own. I expressed some interest in it, but told him to see what he could get for it on the open market. After nearly two months, he couldn't find a buyer that wanted to give him a fair price for it, so he told me that he'd rather give it to family for a low price rather than a stranger. So, long story short....we're getting a used Commander in excellent condition with a well-known history. Lucky for us, this Commander has been very good in terms of quality and reliability. His first Commander had so many problems that the company purchased it back from him. I don't know for sure if he had to go as far as to lemon law it, but I remember he talked about it a lot.

So now you guys can't give me any more crap about posting here and NOT owning a Commander:twak:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
So now you guys can't give me any more crap about posting here and NOT owning a Commander:twak:
Sure we can! You took 7 years to get one. Not that anyone is counting.
And...you dont have it yet. And....:icon_cheers: there are no accompanying pictures!

Well congrats on your Commander, will your wife let you do any mods to her Commander? I am not allowed to touch her 300 unless it is to change the oil and gas it up..........

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seven years? Come on now.... Maybe three, but nowhere near seven.

As far as mods... I doubt she'll be into that kind of thing. If I tell her that I want to mod it, she'll probably tell me to mod my 4Runner instead.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Congratulations on getting a Real 4X4 :eek:hyeah:

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
:jawdrop:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Now I say welcome to the club :IThankYou::cool:

Congratulation :)

I was always wonder what make you be so active here and you don't have a Commander !

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Also you need to change your name! ,,,,,

what about ComRunner :) or XKRunner

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahmed,

We've been considering one for a long time, which is mostly why I continued to post/read this forum. The quality issues bothered me in the beginning because I read so many stories posted by owners. Since we're buying my cousin's Commander used and I know that it has served him well, I don't have too much to worry about.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
You have contributed a lot to this form and also welcome to the COMMANDER family we are very close as you can tell by this forum.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I'm sorry I must of mis-read.. made eye doctor appointment... TR is what? Must of blacked out there for a few minutes... Thats awesome TR I hope you will be as happy as we are with ours... :respect:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Alright! Sounds like a great choice. Hey, now we can have a real "long term" comparison.-43:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Awesome! Congrats on finally getting one!

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone. I always said (even from my very first posts here three years ago) that I liked the Commander a lot. Now that we came across such an awesome opportunity, we knew better than to pass it up. I actually tried to convince my cuz not to sell initially, but he's got his heart set on an LR3 and there's no turning back for him now. The funny thing is that the LR3 is the only other SUV out there that I really like, but those things are pretty well known for spending as much time in the shop as in their owners driveways. I tried to explain that to my cousin, but he doesn't really care.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts