·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
I like it but it would be illegal here in South Carolina.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
For those of you with CCW or like having a handgun with you, here is a mount that I just picked up. Its strong, durable and a great location. Check it out! :armed:
Thanks for the Information !!

I like it but it would be illegal here in South Carolina.

But it will work great in Texas.......

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I'm a lefty do they have one? Also picture is not a XK? On the commander that secton under the steering wheel hinges down - held just by valcro. Some have mounted inside that door.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm a lefty do they have one? Also picture is not a XK? On the commander that secton under the steering wheel hinges down - held just by valcro. Some have mounted inside that door.
Thats the picture from the actual website, they dont have a specific picture of an XK and I havent had time yet to take a picture of mine. It looks and mounts almost exactly like that picture though. They also make a strap you can add that goes up around the top of the steering column for extra support. I havent had an issue with mine, its pretty sturdy. Whatever holster you already have will mount to it, just has to have a belt strap on it. You can mount pretty much any holster to it, doesn't come with a holster.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Here is a mod I made to the back of my XK for the rear storage box...
My shotgun will go across the top in the center and I will add a handgun clip.

The reason for this was to get the gear off the bottom and make it easier to
store and rattle less. The idea of the shotgun came watching Supernatural.
The idea adding a clip for my handgun came from this post.

The box locks.
Sorry for the lousy picture.....

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't have a CCW yet. Do you guys think this is acceptable as "in plain sight and secured in a rack or holder made for the purpose?"

·
Registered
696 Posts
rblapham Im a lefty too but you might wanna learn to shoot right handed if protecting yourself from your vehicle. left handed is awkward unless shooting out passenger window

·
Registered
532 Posts
for someone who lives in Europe something like this look like so strange :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Here's what it looks like in our Jeep, in case anyone was wondering. The bottom hook really doesn't have a great place to go. I had to force mine under the lip of the steering column cover. The top hook location in my picture gives more leg room, but also makes it more difficult to draw because it's not pushed out as far for more hand room. I might be moving it around.

Attachments

J

·
0 Posts
Here's what it looks like in our Jeep, in case anyone was wondering. The bottom hook really doesn't have a great place to go. I had to force mine under the lip of the steering column cover. The top hook location in my picture gives more leg room, but also makes it more difficult to draw because it's not pushed out as far for more hand room. I might be moving it around.

A 45 makes a nice security system. Is that a Springfield? I like it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Perhaps someone from NJ can give us the particulars of the law, but folks from other states are doing prison time in NJ because they drove through the state with a firearm in their car. I forget if NJ bans firearms in vehicles completely, or have incredibly exacting details of how they will be carried, with severe penalties and they will prosecute someone that is caught violating them.

Here in MD, the firearm must be stored in a container, in an inaccessible place to the driver/passengers, i.e. the trunk, and unloaded. and ammunition most be stored in a separate container. Most people store and thus transport their weapons that way, anyway, but prison time hardly seems fair for someone that had ammo and weapon in the same box. For all the rhetoric in MD, I don't think they are that unfair, I haven't heard of any cases of law abiding citizens being thrown in the state pen for making an honest mistake transporting a weapon.

Yes, people debate about magazine must be unloaded, regardless, if the magazine has ammunition in it, it must be stored in a separate container from the weapon. Most people, to avoid the overzealous unload all magazines and store the magazines in a separate container. There are some examples of the State's Attorney interpreting the law in every possible way to make it make it the most difficult on firearm owners.

NJ I "believe" has several cases of upstanding, otherwise perfect record law abiding citizens being thrown in the state pen for transporting a weapon in their vehicle, that met their own states requirements but NOT NJ.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts