Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I am currently running a 2" with Revo 2's but am thinking of jumping into a 4" lift...so..
what do you have?
what is good about it?
what is bad about it?

I can only find the Superlift and I know squidz had some issues with his

·
Banned
277 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Airdog, I have read his earlier reviews of stuff but not this one

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Hey guys
I am currently running a 2" with Revo 2's but am thinking of jumping into a 4" lift...so..
what do you have?
what is good about it?
what is bad about it?

I can only find the Superlift and I know squidz had some issues with his
In a recent post you stated that your going to be getting rid of the Commander for another vehicle next year. Why would you want to buy a 4 inch lift if your not keeping it?

BTW: squidz had a BDS, not Superlift.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just recently(~3 months or so) had a 4" Superlift installed on my commander. I think its great and it performed off road amazingly. It drives almost as smooth as stock on the freeways and there has been no swaying at all up at freeway speeds. I cannot speak to the other lifts available, but it doesn't seem like you can go wrong with a Superlift.

My commander is still in progress and not quite as tricked out as some of the other forum members so maybe they will be able to chime in here as well.

-Mike

·
Registered
419 Posts
I might be writing up a bigger comparison post between the BDS and Superlift, but the short of it, as I say in the thread linked to above, is that knowing what I know now I would recommend SL.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the superlift 4" kit in and I am loving it eaven at 180 km/ph(111 mph) it still sits like a dream, but I would not take a corner at that speed.... and I only did it once to test the setup, so don't go screaming at me.

My normal traveling speed on freeway is about 120 km/ph(75 mph) anything over that with the 33" and the fuel neddle dropps like a rock...lol But it realy goes well on the freeway and off road it's the bees knees, you have to see it to believe it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke-G37ATGL8 .

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In a recent post you stated that your going to be getting rid of the Commander for another vehicle next year. Why would you want to buy a 4 inch lift if your not keeping it?

BTW: squidz had a BDS, not Superlift.
To clarrify, I will need to get rid of my rig next year because of miledge and work reasons and was planning on a 4dr Wrangler, mostly because you can actually get aftermarket parts for them. But I love my Commander it it fits all my kids and camping gear so I am now thinking of selling it to my wife....hence the lift question

1 - 9 of 9 Posts