Administrator
15,249 Posts
CrzCajun said:
Looks like I could get that piece from Lowes!!!:D
Yeah, it looks like a water filter.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Funny, I was watching all those last night when I was at work. Plan on adding the Chevy Volt to my garage in 2011 but water is a good idea once it can be harnessed safely.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Hmmm, if I could get my Commander to run on water... River fording would be like getting topped off!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
PolarBZ said:
Hmmm, if I could get my Commander to run on water... River fording would be like getting topped off!

LOLz thats funny! :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
My neighbor has the plans for it and is supposedly going to try it on their expendable commuter car. I will post an update if/when he gets it built.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wonder if we could get a Group Discount...
Just kidding. That would be awesome to have that available today. I wonder what water will start costing per gallon...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Anyone know how the Propane conversion works? As in what I would have to do to run it in my 4.7??? Plus, what is the cost of running propane vs. regular gas? I have wondered about that because you see city vehicles running propane, even cabs in some parts of the country.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
All of the taxi cabs in Japan use propane.

·
Registered
487 Posts
BigPoppaJNutZ said:
Anyone know how the Propane conversion works? As in what I would have to do to run it in my 4.7??? Plus, what is the cost of running propane vs. regular gas? I have wondered about that because you see city vehicles running propane, even cabs in some parts of the country.

iused to run my XJ on propane, but the govt over here realised that it was missing out on revenue so upped the tax on LPG fuel.

then they upped the road tax for vehicles that had engines over 3 litres. with all the maintenance required on a 12yr old vehicle it got chopped in for the Commander.

I think hydrogen fuel cells are the way its going to go but even thats not as green as the govt makes out, how do they extract the hydrogen ??? yes electrolysis ( chemistry #101) and making electricity by burning fossil fuels is greener how exactly??? it will require more fossil fuels to be burnt than the benefit it gives. (physics #101) of course the govt may well have repealed the laws of Physics concerning energy being neither made or destroyed but changed from one form to another and decreed that it must be efficient cos they said it was:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts