Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I had my XK towed to my jeep dealership. They called me today and told me that the starter needed to be replace and also noticed that the bushing was missing. Dam.
I had problem last week when it would not start. When I turned the key it wod just click. I had the wiring harnessed replace a few months ago. I also climb under and wiggled the wire but it did not help. Lucky I have AAA PLUS. I will let u know the cost tommorrow when I get it back.

·
Registered
696 Posts
My dealer replaced starter a month and a half ago was 400. I wasnt anywhere near a place I could do it myself and also had it towed

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will let u know what it cost me when I get the bill tommorrow. But I do work there pt so I think it will be less that 400.00.

·
Registered
452 Posts
An easy DIY job.. got it done within an hour, with very little tools. Just hope you have some long thin arms to access the wiring harness and detach. Cost me less than $120 via parts. I actually thought it was going to be harder than it looked, but gotta love american cars and their designs. :)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thats why I wish mine was closer to home when it wouldnt start. Couldve saved a lot of money

1 - 5 of 5 Posts