Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
i saw one a few weeks ago and it did say hemi on the rear.
seems like DMC is really playin out this hemi thing.
maybe next year they'll have them in the caravans.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think the truck looks ok except it is a Durango clone and the name doesnt fit. It keeps bringing back memories of the old Aspen car and that doesnt seem to fit an SUV.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
The Aspen is going up against the Escalade but it's exterior design is too similar to the Durango to be that successful. It needs more changes to so it stands out. The interior is nice though. It definitely isn't made for off-roading though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rubicontrail.net said:
The Aspen is going up against the Escalade but it's exterior design is too similar to the Durango to be that successful. It needs more changes to so it stands out. The interior is nice though. It definitely isn't made for off-roading though.
So it's competing with the Escalade...one advantage the Aspen has over the "Escapade" is that it has a "HEMI"!...:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
The Aspen is Chryslers entry into the SUV market. Though it shares the Durango platform, it is much more refined than a Durango. All Aspens are limiteds and are either 4.7's or Hemi's and are heavilly optioned.

·
Registered
204 Posts
A more upscale Durango, purely a marketing decision. This thing feels heavy like a Durango too. The WKs and XKs feel like sports cars after riding in either of these. The 3rd row seat seems a little more usuable, but even if i needed one once in a while I would still take the XK over the HB/HG. I doont need one at all so my first choice would be the WK.

The Aspen/Durango will never get a trail rated badge, thats strictly a Jeep thing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
ktek01 said:
A more upscale Durango, purely a marketing decision. This thing feels heavy like a Durango too. The WKs and XKs feel like sports cars after riding in either of these. The 3rd row seat seems a little more usuable, but even if i needed one once in a while I would still take the XK over the HB/HG. I doont need one at all so my first choice would be the WK.

The Aspen/Durango will never get a trail rated badge, thats strictly a Jeep thing.
x2 ..... Exactly!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I saw an Aspen in teh flesh today, and I have to say it is FAR more appealing than the Durango, and looks alot better than it does in pics. I was impressed, and if I was in the Market for a LUXO SUV, it would be in my top 3. I was pleasently suprised.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bulldog9 said:
I saw an Aspen in teh flesh today, and I have to say it is FAR more appealing than the Durango, and looks alot better than it does in pics. I was impressed, and if I was in the Market for a LUXO SUV, it would be in my top 3. I was pleasently suprised.

I agree.

Although I understand the negative comments, it is somewhat impressive in person for what is it. I was checking out the new 4 door wrangler last month at a dealership and I stumbled across the Aspen. I had never heard of it.

It was in the cliche black with chrome trim but it was sharp. The inside is very upscale and roomy.

I'm curious to see how it does. It is definitely a Luxury SUV. I might compare it to the Navigator. With the prices in the high 30s/low 40s I think there could be a decent market for it.

Honestly if they didn't care about the Jeep name or the off road capability I think the average upscale shopper coming on the Jeep/Chrysler lot would be more impressed with the Aspen then the XK. I know, I am now banned from the board:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts