Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

What are your tips to protect your commander if it's caught in bad weather? Assuming you can't get to a garage, what's the next best option if you know there will be hail coming. Anyone have any recommendations or experience with any types of covers?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,951 Posts
I currently have $5,000 worth of damage to my Commander from a hail storm. I don't have a garage to park in. My advice is when you see hail coming try to park under a tree with heavy foilage or try to get to a parking garage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently have $5,000 worth of damage to my Commander from a hail storm. I don't have a garage to park in. My advice is when you see hail coming try to park under a tree with heavy foilage or try to get to a parking garage.
Thanks for the reply, Jeep. Sorry to hear about your damage!

Yeah, that'll just have to do I guess. Here's the other option I found http://www.hailprotector.com/.
Looks pretty cool, but I'll probably only drop the money if I can't find anything around here to cover the car.

Hope all is well. Cheers, and thanks again.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
If hail is on the way and you're at your house without a garage to park in, get as many blankets as possible (the thickest softest you have) and throw them between the car cover and the horizontal surfaces of the vehicle.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If hail is on the way and you're at your house without a garage to park in, get as many blankets as possible (the thickest softest you have) and throw them between the car cover and the horizontal surfaces of the vehicle.
Couldn't help but laugh at the thought of tucking a jeep in with blankets!!! But that is a good idea. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts