Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello - and maybe (or defnitely) ask for some advice. On ekhm - everything (especially lifting it up)
To make it a little harder I am based in Ireland - so whatever you guys pay - its twice as expensive here ;)

Anyways - it is Jeep Commander Limited - with actually excellent Mercedes engine and gearbox - 3.0 CRD. With guadra drive 2.
One owner before - lady (so couple of things scratched ;P ) with not bad mileage (110k). Missing sunroof, side steps, decent radio and possibly bull bar. Came with 20inch alloys, brown leather, heated seats, all electrics, parking sensors, etc. So actually very happy with it.

Thinking about:
- lift kit - just wondering how does it affect driving? Is it even doable with 3.0 CRD?
- side steps
- possibly bull bar (because I can)
- tow bar
- maybe a little bit bigger tyres (currently on 265/45r20 thinking about 275/55r20)
- definitely better radio (basic one without mp3, bluetooth or anything except audio cd)

Currently she looks like that (from when picked up from the dealer).

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Beautiful Commander!

Ebay will be your friend.

You can easily raise the vehicle with a spacer kit for 5cm or 6.125cm of added lift. That will allow the use of 265/70/R17 tires.

You can buy a kit from online on Amazon even, which may have better shipping rates and low VAT for you. Most shops will be able to install the spacers onto the struts very easily, and if you are handy you can do the rear springs within a day.

If you can ever get your hands on a working set of European HID headlamps for the Commanders, you can easily trade many folks for hard to find parts or entire lift kits. We are unable to source those lights here in the US.

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,

Ye thanks! - I've been going thru stuff on eBay already - most of the times delivery to Ireland is kinda crazy ;)
Best one I've found so far (re lift kits) would be this one : 2" Lift & Level Kit (WK2SP) | Jeepey Mart
- any idea if its any good?

I had quick look for the HID lamps - looks like they are kinda easy to come by - (seen couple of vendors across europe - especially central and eastern europe) ;)

Cheers and thanks again.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yup, those will work just fine.

Dave

·
Registered
134 Posts
It must be very sweet to own on Ireland, congrats on that beautiful jeep! See if you can ship the items altogether so you can save some.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Big Blue => thanks for these :) probably wont ship to me directly but found a company which would give me virtual address in US and then I can ship in bulk - now - these pesky duty fees ;)

@sporty92 => it is indeed - on the minus - not too much opportunity for off roading - on the other hand .. some of the 'roads' we have here looks like this... (just fyi - it is both way traffic ;) )

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts