1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20140914_174938.jpg

IMG_20140915_170443.jpg

IMG_20140915_170447.jpg

Hey guys! I just installed 2" lift from rough country last Sunday. It was great and front end is really tight and torqued down! Although, the rear is a little shabby. I hear clunk while I head over bumps or any un even surface. It seems to me like the rear upper control arm is hitting the gas tank. Or could it be the rear spacers needed to be torqued down again after settling in the new space the bold needs to be re-torqued.(it said in the instructions to only torque them up to 32LB/S)

I will be taking the jeep in this weekend for new tires and rims + wheel alignment but want to tackle this issue before I take it in.

help me outta this..... :killtard:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Matt! these are aftermarket Monroe Sensa Trac. I had these installed over 3 months already. The old ones were really soft and jeep floated really bad.( but still have my old shocks)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
There's not much in the rear to make a clunking noise due to the lift, but things that might do it as a result of the install.

I'd check shock bolt torque (and if they're the longer F150 version make sure you have washers for the top mount).

Make sure your spare tire tightly secured.

Can try disconnecting the sway bar end links and seeing if the noise goes away- could be the sway bar bushings or links

·
Registered
147 Posts
Check to see if that bar that runs from the front of the vehicle to the back and passes over the gas tank skid plate is clearing. We put a notch in my skid plate when we had it up in the air as a precaution because it looked like it might hit at full travel.

and when I say front it's not really the front but somewhere in back passenger area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts