Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just got a slightly used 2007. As I am going down the road and I pass someone, when I let off the accelerator I feel a hard shift. Is this normal and has anyone else experienced this? It only has 20000 miles on it.

Thank you.
Ryan
:icon_confused:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I may experience that on occasion with my 2006 3.7. If I am full throttle and then let up quickly, it will sometimes downshift from like 2nd to 4th and it feels a bit harsh. I have only experienced this a few times. I think it an anomaly and don't pay it much mind.

I have a question I am posing in another thread though. It is about the way trans/driveline feels at stop and go speeds. Say from 5mph to 15. When I let off the accelerator and coast for a few second and then go back to the accelerator (not hard, but light) I feel a slight "bump" in the driveline. Is this the trans shifting from 2nd to 1st? I hope to find out what others are experiencing...

Back to you though...I've had it and it's pretty normal unless happening all the time.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I may experience that on occasion with my 2006 3.7. If I am full throttle and then let up quickly, it will sometimes downshift from like 2nd to 4th and it feels a bit harsh. I have only experienced this a few times. I think it an anomaly and don't pay it much mind.

I have a question I am posing in another thread though. It is about the way trans/driveline feels at stop and go speeds. Say from 5mph to 15. When I let off the accelerator and coast for a few second and then go back to the accelerator (not hard, but light) I feel a slight "bump" in the driveline. Is this the trans shifting from 2nd to 1st? I hope to find out what others are experiencing...

Back to you though...I've had it and it's pretty normal unless happening all the time.
I don't understand the highlight above. If you let off the accelerator after full throttle, it should be up shifting, not down shifting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts