Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a Fix for a 2006 Nav/Radio screen from going black

Has anyone come up with a fix for this? The screen would go back intermittently over the years and now it is just black. The radio works, but there is no display for the radio or the nav.

I have read a few threads on this but no solutions.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Look at you center console. If you have the silver T-Handle you have either the QT-II or QD-II. If you count the bolts on the rear differential If you have 12 You have the QD-II it should say Quadra Drive II on the center console if 10 bolts you have the QTI or II. No silver T-Handle you have QT-I You can also find you by using the link the the moderators provide in their introductory post to new members. Welcome

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at you center console. If you have the silver T-Handle you have either the QT-II or QD-II. If you count the bolts on the rear differential If you have 12 You have the QD-II it should say Quadra Drive II on the center console if 10 bolts you have the QTI or II. No silver T-Handle you have QT-I You can also find you by using the link the the moderators provide in their introductory post to new members. Welcome
Thank Creek.
Do you know anything about that screen going black?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have had mine (6 Disc Changer repaired by a place in Orlando Both times it was a board replacement. They charge three hundred bucks to look at it which does towards the repair. They warranty it for a year I believe. Navrepair.com

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had mine (6 Disc Changer repaired by a place in Orlando Both times it was a board replacement. They charge three hundred bucks to look at it which does towards the repair. They warranty it for a year I believe. Navrepair.com
Thank you, I will give them a try. I have searched the forum and was hoping it was found to be a connection. Has it been over a year and how is your unit working?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
It has probably been two to three years It is starting to go in and out, but for the last two months it has been fine. If you are planning on keeping until get classic/antique plates or just until you get older I would look at a new unit. The screen is nice but the phone is better. you will not find nav updates for your unit so unless you are techie or have techie friends that can fix a board I would look for a more updated unit. Do a search on the forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has probably been two to three years It is starting to go in and out, but for the last two months it has been fine. If you are planning on keeping until get classic/antique plates or just until you get older I would look at a new unit. The screen is nice but the phone is better. you will not find nav updates for your unit so unless you are techie or have techie friends that can fix a board I would look for a more updated unit. Do a search on the forum.
Thanks. I will search on the forum and see what I can find . As long as I am wanting it working I would probably be better off with something new. I have had this Jeep sind new and it is pushing 290,000 miles and I have kept up on the maintenance. It keeps running strong so I think a new unit is best if I can find something and someone to install it is the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts