Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried putting the 2010 commanders HID lights onto a previous year? Ive been thinking about doing the conversion on my 2006. not sure if its worth it to have the projector headlight housing from the 2010's. How have other people done the conversion to HID's in our commander?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was just researching these. I don't understand why these are still illegal in most states. And why is it that only luxury cars can have them? As far as your question, why put 2010 when you can buy for 2006? Unless you have a spare 2010 commander sitting around.

·
Administrator
15,217 Posts
I was just researching these. I don't understand why these are still illegal in most states. And why is it that only luxury cars can have them? As far as your question, why put 2010 when you can buy for 2006? Unless you have a spare 2010 commander sitting around.
Because the Commander HID headlights weren't available until the 2009 MY.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why do it, I get better throw of lights from Silver stars than I would ever get from HID, plus you have to add the autoadjuster system, seem like a lot of work to have a smaller viewing area ahead of the vehicle

·
Registered
423 Posts
^ I don't know about that. I mean silverstars are great but they definitely don't compare to a nice set of HID's lighting up the road/ trail. When I say "nice" I mean by a reputable brand that isn't a cheap Chinese knock off.

·
Registered
207 Posts
^ I don't know about that. I mean silverstars are great but they definitely don't compare to a nice set of HID's lighting up the road/ trail. When I say "nice" I mean by a reputable brand that isn't a cheap Chinese knock off.

Still seams like a lot of work. Especially when a judge can simply say change it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why do it, I get better throw of lights from Silver stars than I would ever get from HID, plus you have to add the autoadjuster system, seem like a lot of work to have a smaller viewing area ahead of the vehicle
you don't have to add the auto adjuster feature - you just ignore it and manually adjust the lights once. The position sensors are interated into the ECM and I don't think they can be added.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts