Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds cheesy but has anyone installed carpet dash covers? Do they fit perfectly??

I'm looking for a way to protect my dashboard, since my Jeep is out in the sun all day. I already use a windshield shade but I don't put it up all the time.

I noticed that my dash is starting to fade.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I did not even know there was such a thing for the commander? I would think that it might protect the dash from sun damage due to the way the windshield is designed but I have never seen one for the XK.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
$40.00 is not a bad price for piece of mind. I have one in the PT Cruiser and it works well, not sure I would put one in the Commander, I like the center tray.

·
Super Moderator
14,936 Posts
a49erFan said:
$40.00 is not a bad price for piece of mind. I have one in the PT Cruiser and it works well, not sure I would put one in the Commander, I like the center tray.
You can get the Dashmat in a molded version to exactly fit your dash. It would have all the contours of the original dash.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had a buddy that had one of "dashmat" covers on his Ford Truck. looked good. I think they work the best on dashes that have some sun damage. i like the look of my commander dash too much to put one on.

but they are worth the money.

has anyone ever put some sort of "sticky" mat in the center tray of the dash. i'd like to put one so I can set my cell phone on. I'd put it in the little slot for cell phones (slot directly above the radio controls), but i've got the MotorolaQ and it's too wide. keeps falling out.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Good idea, but what about the passenger Air-bag ??!! ,, it opens from the top pf the dash!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
robby said:
Ha Ha,
IF everyone survives the ordeal, I guess the passenger wont mind explaining the rug-burn on his/her face.

Couldn't resist, funny mental picture developed.
............Rob
Haha,, then we should imprint Jeep brand in that spot ;) to be printed/burnt on the face ;)

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Ahmed said:
Haha,, then we should imprint Jeep brand in that spot ;) to be printed/burnt on the face ;)
You would have to spell it out backwards for it to appear correctly. When the passenger asks why is your logo backwards? You can reply: Do you REALLY want to find out? :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
We have the dashmat. It was her only required 'modification'. Took a month to settle down completely flat, but it looks good now. If the airbag deploys it gets pushed up and forward towards the glass.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
sespe commander said:
We have the dashmat. It was her only required 'modification'. Took a month to settle down completely flat, but it looks good now.
Any pics ?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I don't think that I would ever use one personally, but I am interested to see how they actually look.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ahmed said:
Any pics ?
I'll be home in 2 days, will take pics then.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I promised, so here they are...

Guess it doesn't lay as flat as I thought. But this stays in place with no velcro. I never noticed the bump on the right center until I uploaded these pictures.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I am sure it will lay down once it has been in the heat of the sun for a while. That does look nice, thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
look good sespe. i like the look of it as well. i may consider getting one for my commander now to protect my dash out here in the desert.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Thats really look nice,,, I should make one to protect the dash from our 24/7/365! sun :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts