Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be driving a lot on the beach at OBX when it warms up. I am in the beginning phase or research and ideas for on-board air installations. I will be dropping my tire pressure often down there so.....

1. Permanent under the hood mounts ideas?
2. Air tank locations?
3. Just mount a portable unit under the hood or in the back?
4. Any pics or threads I don't know about?
5. Go with Warn, ARB, or Viair ?

Thanks, Logan

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I haven't on my Commander... but I do have a ViAir 450h 100% duty cycle mounted in my Cherokee. It is actually mounted inside the spare wheel, hidden by the spare tire cover.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, I am still looking for tank locations

I am looking at the left rear under carriage for a 1 pound tank. I also found a good spot under the hood behind the air filter for the compressor.I will let you everyone know how it turns out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spare tire will fit a 3 gallon tank

I found that a spare tire will fit a 3 gallon tank. This will allow a faster tire inflating time. I will post pics soon.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I didn’t get the idea very well, is it to install “Air tank” to inflate the tires after deflating them?

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
yes.

i'd like to build air tanks into my bumper. i may do that, i may not. maybe i'll do it when i build a rear bumper. that might be easier.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
4.7commander said:
yes.

i'd like to build air tanks into my bumper. i may do that, i may not. maybe i'll do it when i build a rear bumper. that might be easier.
Then, isn't it easier to have a portable air compressor than installing an air tank!

I deflate the tries to 18psi each time I go on sand driving and I use the air compressor to inflate them again, and that is ok.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
you have both. and it makes it much faster to inflate your tires. and some guys like to take air powered tools with them in case something breaks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts