Jeep Commander Forum banner

Has anyone used these 3.5 lifts on ebay?

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Donald 
#1 ·
I came across these 3.5 in lifts on ebay. They look different from all the other lifts out there from names I recognize like RC and Old Emu. Has anyone insatlled these? And how do they get installed? Thanks. As this is my first post I can't include the link yet.

See less See more
#2 ·
I came across these 3.5 in lifts on ebay. They look different from all the other lifts out there from names I recognize like RC and Old Emu. Has anyone insatlled these? And how do they get installed? Thanks. As this is my first post I can't include the link yet.

View attachment 40693
Many of the lifts have some sort of spacer on top of the front struts. By the look of them, these go on the bottom of the front struts and connect to the lower control arm. I'm not sure if these extended arms are the best way to go, I would want to see more steel.

#3 ·
Im surprised you can get 3.5 from a spacer? Thats gonna be tight squeeze trying to get the strut remounted.
I think the 90 degree braced 1/4" steel is going to be plenty strong, but its the bolts that bother me. The shoulder should go all the way to the opposite side. You dont want load bearing down on the threads. Maybe the verticals flex inward once tightened?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.