Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2006 Commander with a 5.7 liter V8 hemi engine with just over 100,000 km. It's a good engine, but the electrical system has been acting strange for a long time. The headlights flash on and off randomly. The wipers come on even when it's not raining. The radio cuts in and out. The gear shift indicator lights up all gears at once, indicating that I'm in park, reverse, neutral, and drive, all at the same time. The speedometer and tachometer cut out and the whole dashboard reboots itself, even though the vehicle's engine is working okay. This seems to be related to water leakage problems I've had when the sunroof drainage tubes have become clogged and water has pooled in the front passenger compartment. I've unplugged the drainage tubes and dried out the floor, but electrical problems continue. It's like the Jeep is haunted. I took it to the Chrysler dealership nearly 3 months ago and they've had it since. They say they've put in 35 hours of labour (at $135/hr), swapping various modules, but nothing has worked. Now they tell me they've given up! Does anybody have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,456 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, they tried swapping out the Junction Block, along with every module in the system, but still couldn't find the problem. They suspect there's a short somewhere in the wiring, but it would be too expensive to strip all the wiring and replace it. The amount of labour they've put in is already almost more then the Jeep is worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts