Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 jeep commander with a VES i would like to play my ipod using the 3 jacks on the VES problem is something is stuck in one of the jacks. I have already tried to use tweezers and the like to try to get it out. Took the car to an audio shop and the guy said I need to remove the VES panels. I don't want to pay someone to do it but I have no idea where to start. Anybody done this before?? no idea where to start. thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aww thanx so much! bummer about the pics im not car savvy at all i was gonna have the hubby take a look and do it himself any way to get the pics up? i guess i will try to ask him myself

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
aww thanx so much! bummer about the pics im not car savvy at all i was gonna have the hubby take a look and do it himself any way to get the pics up? i guess i will try to ask him myself
I sent the OP a PM asking him to put them back up but he hasn't been here in a while so I wouldn't count on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shoot i just wrote him my sob story oh well maybe someone else will have some pics thank you so much for your help:)

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
shoot i just wrote him my sob story oh well maybe someone else will have some pics thank you so much for your help:)
Just go by the written instructions in his post. He says the unit just pulls off the back of the console. After you get it off it will probably be apparent how to get into it.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I had this problem a bunch with my girl's son's iPhone. I wouldn't be too afraid of using the pointy side of a bent paperclip to try and dislodge the debris in there. For piece of mind, make sure the power is off. Those jacks are pretty resilient, Once there was so much pocket lint and other crud from carrying it in his jeans pocket I actually used my dremmel tool with a longer thin metal shaft with a soft tip that came in this 118 pc set of miscellaneous tips I got off amazon and that really cleared it out fine.

·
Registered
696 Posts
what about air from one of those little computer keyboard cleaning cans?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks i had my hubby pop off the VES and he took it apart only to find that the back of the jack is concealed by the green circuit board looking thing and he didn't want to try to take that off for fear of damaging something I will try the air can thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts