Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past up to the present, the Captains of their ships have given them names, i.e. "Old Ironsides" "Poseidon" "Titanic" "Andrea Doria"

My former Ford Explorer was named "The 4.0 off-road Ho." My Saab 900s was named "The White Knight." I have yet to deem the Commander a name. :rofl:

Have any of you ever named your vehicles? Have you named your Commander? If so, what is it?

·
Registered
135 Posts
No name for the Commander yet, everyone refers to it as the "Beast".

Funny pic of an old ride- "The DeathStar"

It was a pretty good rolling joke for a while, now it hauls wood and band gear to gigs.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have a temp name for mine, the "Ho to go rig" because it has so much crap in it! Everything from recovery stuffz to overnight stuffz.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I actually haven't named it yet but this Christmas I had antlers and a big red nose attached to it so all the kids in my complex called it Rudolf...I kinda like it

·
Registered
862 Posts
Not yet, but...

This thread is pretty funny.

My friends have suggested so far, names from movies. ‘’Hal’’ (from Space Odyssey 2000) ‘’Christine’’ etc. After all, ‘‘It’’ decides when to wipe the windshield, turn on the headlights, etc.

Personally, I’m considering ‘’Mother’’ from the movie ‘’Alien’’ because of the way ‘’it’’ takes over the throttle when getting on it during hard turns and the like. :D

One thing’s for sure, ‘’It’’ does need a name. Now, the question is, it ‘’It’’ a she? Or a he? :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Historically speaking - vessels always took on a female name, however both male or female work.

My Explorer was named 4.0 off road HO by a friend. My Saab, which is in my opinion the more girly vehicle was named the White Knight (Male) so it can shift either way :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
One of my best friends first name is "Olaf".... he looks like a linebacker.... therefore my XK is called like my nick "Commander O" and O = Olaf.....
My wifes Volvo XC 70 is called "Ole", a typical Scandinavian name.... And my C63 AMG is called "Black Porsche Killer" (VMAX 300 km/h)

·
Registered
391 Posts
My kids calls my XK, diamond...I asked them why and they said because it has so many sparkly (chrome accents). LOL

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
my wife like to call the commander "humm-this" since everyone tries to compare the commander and hummer.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts