Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hazard lights in my 2006 Jeep commander wont turn off. I didn't turn them on. any ideas how to fix? We took out various fuses. You can hear a clicking sound in the fuse boxes under the hood. Taking out fuses didnt work. the car died once because of lights being on. It's parked now with the battery undone so it doesn't die again.

Any ideas???

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Have you checked for stored fault codes?

The hazards are turned on by the Front Control Module from communications from the module that connects to the hazard switch. So there could be a short in the wires, the switch or something went wrong with one of the control modules.

You have cycled the switched for the hazards right?

Sorry, the key dance to read out codes in the EVIC only reads out a small part of all the possible codes. So if you get a code that looks related, definitely narrow in on that as being the cause. If you get no codes, you might still have codes stored that indicate the problem and you'll have to take it to the Dealer or an Independent shop with the very expensive tool that is capable of reading those codes.

Sorry, the $50 OBDII scanner they have at the auto store can only read the OBDII codes (basically the same thing that is spit out in the EVIC), NOT all the extended fault codes stored in all the modules on a Commander.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Maybe disconnect your battery over night and see if it will reset it.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I have to assume, that you have checked the switch to make sure it was not accidentally pushed to on? Just had to ask!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts