Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an 06 Commander 4.7L V8 and seem to be pissing off the public!!! When at dusk to night time, i rarely have to use my high beams cause my lowbeams are so bright and mounted so high. With this comes the public I am either passing or following who are getting pretty mad. They always think I have my high beams on. Then when I flicker my high beams at them they get even more pissed... I dont know if the lights I have installed are ultrabrights or not as I purchased the Commander used, however they are bright!. Anyone else pissing off the public with their headlights (lowbeams)?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Not that I am aware of, I've only had mine for about 3 weeks now, and not really driven at night. Do you have the auto high beam/low beam option.

My 5.7 Limited does, so it automatically detects between the two I believe.

·
Registered
452 Posts
You may want check the following:
1. check to see if the OEM/original halogen bulbs for some high-wattage superwhite bulbs (eventually they would burn out sooner than the OEMs).
2. check to see the headlight bulb were modified with HID ballasts, similiar to this: http://www.yourhotcar.com/product/list/All/Jeep/Commander/Bulbs_&_HID/HID_Bulbs
3. check the alignment of the headlight bulbs if all seems original; I'm sure the dealership can assist with you on this.

Good luck before you grab a deer's attention to meet head-to-head on the open road.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I need to adjust mine because I seem to have the same problem. After I installed my lift I never angled them down and people always think I have my high beams on. The headlights are alot brighter than any other vehicle I have had in the past that also doesn't help the situation.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read about the automatic high/low beam configuration just couldn't find out how to access it if i have it...it was mentioned in the owners manual but didnt think anything of it till you mentioned it...I dont have the lift yet so thats not it...will check the bulbs and get back to you, thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Lift or not they may need to be lowered. You may want to try lowereing them a little and see if your everyone calms down. I know before I got my lift I occasionally got some people that thought my brights were on.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Even after I lifted mine and lowered them, I STILL get people who think I have my high beams on. I should probably lower them a bit more.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
No problem here. Might just need to get them adjusted. Also, pull the bulb to see which bulbs you have.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I get that from time to time, and mine has the OEM bulbs and sits at stock height.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I just turned mine down. A garage door or brick wall is handy to make them even.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes! So I'm driving home last week on dark 2 lane roads for about 200 miles or so and got the flash about 12 times. It got to where I just kept my finger on the switch when cars or trucks came to flash them back. I have the 2" lift prolly dosen't help. How do you adjust?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts