Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new member of this forum, I would like to thank everyone who has posted info and experiences, it has been helpful. I would like to know if anyone has installed headers designed for the 02 - 05 Liberty 3.7L into their 05 - 07 3.7L Commander. I have found several sets for the Liberty but none for the Commander. I am not aware of any changes to the exhaust port design from 05 to 06 and location of connections to pipes. Please let hit me back with your thoughts.

·
Registered
455 Posts
not aware of them but would be interested if they would work. You can call one of the companies to see if they fit. If it means sales they should figure it out for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll start checking around and let you guys know what I find out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The company I found was JBA Performance exhaust jbaheaders.com and they have headers for a 3.7L 05 Liberty. I believe they are a straight replacement. Here is a link to the headers.

jbaheaders.com/detail_shortyV.asp?id=1930S

·
Registered
455 Posts
Street Commander said:
I believe they are a straight replacement.
I wish it was that easy, it usually isn't with stuff like this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update, JBA Performance has changed their description on their 3.7L header applications from Liberty to Jeep. This means all Jeeps with the 3.7L engine can use these headers. Now I just need to scrape together the pennies from my couch.

·
Registered
455 Posts
No $#it... Nice find. Wish they werent so pricey. What would you do with the exhaust system then?? there is no specific aftermarket exhaust for the 4wd 3.7. Did you contact them and prompt them to check this out?

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I put a Bank's Header on my 96 Cherokee after the manifold cracked a couple of years ago...that was a great mod! I know the estimated 210 hp on the V6 can use all the help it can get! Tax return will cover the cost but Wow what a cost! As far as an exhaust the pieces that make up the dynomax system can be bought individually cheaper than buying the whole kit and I found on Edelbrock.com a performance muffler on clearance...check it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts