Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
has any one tried to fit Headers from a dakota on the 4.7L commander?
Headers? Dude, you ought to buy that 06 Supercharged Commander with ...what did he say?....450HP.

·
Registered
319 Posts
No, but for the reason being the Commander's are a S.O.B. from the heads down to work on! Have fun with that! But I guess you could take it in to have a shop do the work...lots of $$$ in labor for 15-20 hp!! let me know how it works out though...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Personaly I would not fiddle with the exaust on a 4.7 ... putting on headers is just opeing up avenue for increased maiatanance costs for tiny HP gains ... especialy since the Hemi is available.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have been looking at headers as well, found some from Dynomax PN#19421. However, the engine compartment is so small and aside from sound (which I love), I am not sure if they are worth the investment. My next step is either lift and tires or a Jet/Superchips performance chip. The Superchips is twice the price but it will change the speedo when you add larger tires and also has a few performance levels.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah, I think you're smart for not wanting to fiddle with it! Who knows, you may get it done and then have problems with the gaskets not sealing correctly and then tear it back down again lots of headache!...get an intake, chip, and exhaust, lift, tires, new get lost bumper etc...and call it good!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I think you're smart for not wanting to fiddle with it! Who knows, you may get it done and then have problems with the gaskets not sealing correctly and then tear it back down again lots of headache!...get an intake, chip, and exhaust, lift, tires, new get lost bumper etc...and call it good!!
yup but i am gunna do the tb spacer

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've been looking into it for mine, just out of curiosity would you need to hoist the engine, or can you start creating a stockpile of removed engine bay hardware and pick down to the headers? I stared at all the crap in there for about 10 min and decided I could just ask here.

·
Registered
319 Posts
IDK, but what I DK is that when I took mine in to the shop for the ticking sound the tech and I got underneath and MAN! It is a squeeze! I would imagine you could start by taking off the exhaust from the collector pipes all the way back...and then as you said picking your way to the manifolds. But I would recommend going in from underneath the vehicle. Let me know how it works out if you do decide to do it!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Let us know the results...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts