Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise how to get to the headlamp bulbs? Seems that I either need to rope in a 4 year old with skinny arms or else remove the air filter and battery so that I have some space. Has to be an easier way.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I thought the low beams were just right there. For the high beams, without looking, I think you can reach them by coming up under/behind the front bumper, or through the access panel in the wheelwell. But I don't remember what bulbs I was playing with when I did that.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Are you going it through the plastic covers in the front? When you pop the hood there are plastic covers that are removable above the headlight. I can change mine no problem.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Are you going it through the plastic covers in the front? When you pop the hood there are plastic covers that are removable above the headlight. I can change mine no problem.
They discontinued those covers about half-way through the '06 MY. There is a thread on it.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
They are easy to get to as described above, but as Jeep5253 pointed out later models do not have the covers in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts