Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlamps are so bright at night that it appears as if I'm always running the "high-beams." Drivers in front of me are constantly reaching for their rear view mirror adjustments. I love the brightness of the Commander's headlamps; they seem to provide as much light as the famed "xenon" lights found on all the Euro vehicles. Is this an alignment/adjustment problem or just due to the Commander's size? Does anyone have similar experiences?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
With the SmartBeam system they should dim when a vehicle is in front of you. Is there any thing blocking the camera that detects light?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...

Unfortunately, I don't have the SmartBeam option since my Commander is not the Limited. I'm not sure what's going on??? I guess I'll have it checked at the dealer during my 1st oil change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've noticed the same problem. This is especially a problem for vehicles coming at me. Those headlamps illuminate the entire car. I've started running my parking lights and foglamps. They give me enough light to run at night. They must not have taken into consideration the height of the jeep. The headlamps need to be adjusted down and to the right!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the same problem and checked the lights finding they were way too high. I adjusted them by taking off the plastic cap above lights under the hood and using a star head socket lowered them a bit stopping all the " high beam flashing"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the info. I noticed the star head screw is accessible without removing the plastic cover, there is an access hole above the screw.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It was easy , that screw olly adjusts the up and down you dont have to worry about the left right getting misaligned.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This has been also discussed in another string. I used a torx screwdriver to lower the headlamps about three inches to about 36", top of beam, about 36" horizontally from the plastic lamp cover (shining against a wall with the Jeep parked level).

After resetting, I contacted the dealership for a check, they said "can you leave it all day?" - not for a 10 minute job. I understand they're busy, but that's ridiculous.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've takein my car on winding rolling hill road at night and I found the lights perfectly fine, both low and hi beams. Actually the fog lights are doing a great job too. I at a total loss what this all discussion is about!
Other problems, yes but lights are not part of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts