Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I drive at night other drivers are always flashing their high beams at me, so I took my Jeep to a local dealer, they told me they could re-aim the headlights and it was free as it would be covered under warranty, while writing up the ticket the service manager told me when he put my VIN in the computer it came back with a required repair (not recall) he told me there was a service bulletin on my vehicle and that Jeep recomened to have the work done, so I said ok.

It was bulletin 06-027 for a buzzing noise while driving. I have only heard this noise once and never complained about it, since it never happened again. But the dealer told me about it, and re-sealed the windshield and they told me the headlights were out of adjustment and did correct this, so I will find out tonight if the headlights are better.

David

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the same problem and I know it's way too bright. I feel sorry for the people in front of me. Did they fix the problem with your headlights being misaligned? I have the same problem and called to schedule an appointment with my dealership. I think I'm going to have them check out the smartbeam as well because I haven't seen it work yet. I know I have it set in the setup menu.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
david803sc said:
Whenever I drive at night other drivers are always flashing their high beams at me, so I took my Jeep to a local dealer, they told me they could re-aim the headlights and it was free as it would be covered under warranty, while writing up the ticket the service manager told me when he put my VIN in the computer it came back with a required repair (not recall) he told me there was a service bulletin on my vehicle and that Jeep recomened to have the work done, so I said ok.

It was bulletin 06-027 for a buzzing noise while driving. I have only heard this noise once and never complained about it, since it never happened again. But the dealer told me about it, and re-sealed the windshield and they told me the headlights were out of adjustment and did correct this, so I will find out tonight if the headlights are better.

David
what was you manufacture date.

·
Registered
187 Posts
That damn buzzing noise..Lol..I heard it a few times, it irratated the **** out of me then it kinda just went away on it's own honestly!..(unless I got used to it)...Now if only my MPG would fix itself!...Lol

·
Registered
556 Posts
Frankthatank said:
That damn buzzing noise..Lol..I heard it a few times, it irratated the **** out of me then it kinda just went away on it's own honestly!..(unless I got used to it)...Now if only my MPG would fix itself!...Lol
I think you just got used to it:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
david803sc said:

David
I just dropped off my car at the service center today for the headlight issue being aligned too high. They said they will take a look at it, but the service writer seemed doubtful about it being set too high stating that it was a SUV. Well I know it's set too high because I can see the bald spot on people who drive SUV's in front of me. Now that's bright! :D

They also have to keep my car to address bulletin 06-030 (cowl stud sealing patch). They found this of course by entering in my VIN. What happens if the Cowl Stud isn't sealed properly? It doesn't say anything in the bulletin.

I'll update with what I find out.

·
Registered
541 Posts
When the cowl stud isn't sealed properly it produces wind noise at highway speeds. They did that to mine, but I still get wind noise on hot weather days...

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Dabitz said:
When the cowl stud isn't sealed properly it produces wind noise at highway speeds. They did that to mine, but I still get wind noise on hot weather days...
Did they seal your windshield?

·
Registered
541 Posts
yeap that too. I got so tired of it that I bought some glue at CVS and glued up every single piece of rubber I could find. Regular wind noise from driver is much less now. The rubber mold that goes around the doors was totally lose. I still have to seal it again with a better glue/silicon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
they fixed the headlights ,the windsheild seal and they are going to replace the passenger seat belt weather they like it or not :mad: on mine as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was wondering what that noise was. I kept turning the radio on and off, opened and closed the sunrooves, adjusted the roof rack a bit, and still the noise! So, do I have to take it to the dealer to see if its part of the recall or can I put the VIN in somewhere online to find out? Any input is helpful!

·
Registered
89 Posts
ratfarker said:
I was wondering what that noise was. I kept turning the radio on and off, opened and closed the sunrooves, adjusted the roof rack a bit, and still the noise! So, do I have to take it to the dealer to see if its part of the recall or can I put the VIN in somewhere online to find out? Any input is helpful!
You should definitely bring it to the service center where you bought your JC. They will enter your VIN in the system and will tell you what needs to be done. In the event that they say you don't need service, tell them your symptoms about hearing the noise and they should try to resolve it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks SF JEEP, thats what I thought, so to the shop it goes. Just as soon as I can get it there. I added a bit-0-chrome today. Subtle, some Harley Stuff, turns heads kinda bling bling. I had the H-D emblems on the old Cherokee and folks would look and tell me that they didn't know Jeep had a Harley edition. Kept them on their toes. I have an appointment for the installation of the tow kit I ordered before delivery so I'll have the windows looked at then. Thanks guys, this board kinda rocks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
We had the noise as well. We noticed it on the test drive. They said it was the crossbars on the roof rack. I removed them and still the noise. It started at 50 MPH and continued. It was a loud, annoying, whistling sound that couldn't be ignored. I took it to the dealership 1 week after purchasing it and they knew what it was, because they had just received the repair bulletin. They fixed it and even at 100MPH, no noise!

·
Registered
122 Posts
100mph ??!!! :eek:

Heheh... It's easy to get there with the cabin being so quiet. I did a couple of those runs with no cars around during the last long trip I took to the Sequoias.

I just get a bit nervous when it's not such a controlled environment (I've done several track events with my VW in the past).
A tumbleweed, deer, rabbit, large roadkill .... those would've put me and my passengers in trouble at 100mph.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Southsidegirl said:
We had the noise as well. We noticed it on the test drive. They said it was the crossbars on the roof rack. I removed them and still the noise. It started at 50 MPH and continued. It was a loud, annoying, whistling sound that couldn't be ignored. I took it to the dealership 1 week after purchasing it and they knew what it was, because they had just received the repair bulletin. They fixed it and even at 100MPH, no noise!
Do you know what they fixed to get rid of the wind noise?

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
SF_JEEP said:
Do you know what they fixed to get rid of the wind noise?
Here's one thread, you'll find more by searching the thread titles in this Dealer Service section, or use the search engine on the Nav Bar above - keyword "whistle".

Good luck :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts