Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - a while back I wrote telling you my low beams were too bright and were frying the retinas of oncoming traffic and lighting up the inside of the car infront of me like a landing strip.

My car is at the dealer right now for an oil and filter change AND getting the windshield seal replaced TO GET RID OF THAT GOD AWFUL WHISTLING. I mentioned the headlight issue to the service advisor and was told there is "nothing they can do about it - it is a truck. Just flash them back."

I remember someone said you could adjust them down about 2" to relieve the problem somewhat. How is that done? I'll try it.

Ron
SoFla
2006 Lt. Khaki Commander 4x4

·
Registered
213 Posts
Someone posted decent instructions on how to do this a while back (don't know if that post is still available) but....
I performed the headlight adjustment about 6 months ago. I pulled the car up to within about 3-4 feet of my garage door (helps if you're on level ground). If you open the hood, you'll see two flat plastic covers over each headlight assembly. Pop these covers off, look straight down, and you will see a screw (I believe it's a torx head if I remember correctly). Turning this screw will adjust headlights up or down. I believe I lowered mine about 3" (from 4 feet away from the garage door). You don't want to lower them too much or you'll decrease your headlight range and impair your own visibility.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - will give it a try this weekend.

BTW - the dealer initially refused to fix the windshield noise - even though they already told me they have had numerous complaints! He took a ride and, and of course, couldn't replicate the noise (for the record it doesn't do it all the time.

My wife went to pick it up and told them (with some coaching from me) that they will fix it, or we will never bring the car back for ANY service ever - even warranty work! Plus, we'll inform everyone we know how terrible the service was. Needless to say, they gave her loaner and are fixing tomorrow.

Not sure if any others have had dealers balk - but jeez, it's on 6 months old!

Ron
SoFla
06 Commander 4x4

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
I wanted to adjust my headlights, so I went and looked under the hood and saw the torx screws... but they said Left and Right, not Up and Down. Are those the screws? ANd if so, why do they say, left and right and not up and down?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts