Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Ron for SoFla here. Another question for the forum.

Does anyone else get people flashing them to turn off their high-beams at night. Almost every other car is flashing me and they are not on - so I flash back and REALLY toast their retenas!

I admit these babies are super bright and feel bad pulling up behind someone at a traffic signal at night. I lightup their interior like a landing stip!

Anyone else, having this issue?

Ron
(aka (VM)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Covered on a previous thread. I set mine myself, low beams, 36" vertically, 36" horizontally from the plastic lens cover. (Mine were approximately 3" too high, got the same reactions from on-coming vehicles as well as one pickup I had to follow for a few miles.) You'll need a small torx screwdriver for an easy adjustment of a single screw over each bulb.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've heard some with this problem but I haven't myselft.
Looks like my beams cut off just at the top of the trunk lid on most sedans when I'm right behind them. I was laughing good about the comment from Voodoo "lightup their interior like a landing stip!" he he he. I can see that happening if my lights were a couple of inches higher...they are damn bright!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had the same problem! I feel like I'm blinding everyone and they are flashing me all the time! As a matter of fact I just called my dealer and he said he hasn't heard of that yet. I have a recall for the third row seat belt so he suggested to talk to service when I go in for that, but I may just try adjusting myself thanks to Jim!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had the same problem. Pretty simple adjustment posted somewhere on this forum. As I recall, I used a torx screwdriver and turned mine three and one-half turns counterclockwise. Worked for me.The single torx screwhead is on top of each light. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.