Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wanting to get the MyGig and put it in along with some upgraded speakers and a JL W7. I had a couple of questions though, 1. would the MyGig still work with my steering wheel controls? 2. could I hook it up to the new amps/speakers/subs without needing any kind of adapter? Also, Pioneer has a dvd/cd player for couple hundred cheaper, but can I still use the steering wheel controls if I went that route? Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
What year and model is your Commander ?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
You have to get the MyGig adapter from Coastal Electronics for the 06-07 models, and make sure that the MyGIG unit is a LOW-Speed bus. The high speed units won't work in the XK, and its not a direct plug in since the bus wiring was changed in 2008.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the MyGIG in my 07 XK. It's plug and play and everything works with the MyGIG, except you have to do some wiring for the *rear VES and factory rear camera. You also have to update the unit to fix the clock.

*06-07 rear VES doesn't work with MyGIG.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so the only draw back of installing a mygig would be i couldnt hear the volume of a dvd played in the back through my car speakers? i would still be able to play dvd's and use the headphones to hear it correct?

·
Registered
67 Posts
so the only draw back of installing a mygig would be i couldnt hear the volume of a dvd played in the back through my car speakers? i would still be able to play dvd's and use the headphones to hear it correct?
Yup, correct!

And like I said, you also have to update the unit to fix the clock. MyGIG clock receive its source from the canbus for 08/09 models, so it wouldn't work with older vehicles. It will just show --:-- or 12:00 the whole time without the software update.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, correct!

And like I said, you also have to update the unit to fix the clock. MyGIG clock receive its source from the canbus for 08/09 models, so it wouldn't work with older vehicles. It will just show --:-- or 12:00 the whole time without the software update.
Ok, thanks for the help, time to get to work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts