Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 limited with heated seats.
I just had the dealer install the remote start.
They tell me the auto temp controls will begin approx 15 seconds after the engine starts but the heated seats will not activate automatically after a remote start.
True?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
One more question, the service manager also said it was not a good idea to leave the HVAC controls on full hot and defrost setting..could crack the windshield???
True?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Mat said:
Thanks.
One more question, the service manager also said it was not a good idea to leave the HVAC controls on full hot and defrost setting..could crack the windshield???
True?
I guess that is possible. Not sure. I just leave my controls on "AUTO" 99% of the time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mat said:
Thanks.
True?
I have lived in the Dakota's for the past 14 some odd years and I have never had a window crack on me. As a matter of fact my RamCharger has had a small chip/crack (1/4 inch) for the past 5 years or so and it has never grew with the defrost on full hot or any other time. I have heard the stories of the windows that crack on full hot defrost. If the window cracks from full hot it prolly was weak to begin with. If the defrost is on from the get go, the air that comes out will be cold to begin with. Then as the engine warms so will the air so it's not a shock of hot air. I use the full hot on my windshield whenever it's needed because up here when it's -30 the windshield tends to fog up otherwise. Hopefully my luck doesn't change.

·
Registered
258 Posts
warm water...yep, that'll do it. As far as hot air inside and cold outside, the chances have to be close to winning the lottery for that to happen.

As far as putting it to full hot...I don't think you'd need to do that. In auto mode it'll know that it's friggin cold in there and will command warm air till the inside temp is equal to what is selected on the temp controls.

·
Registered
258 Posts
...the heated seat thing would be pretty cool though. Too bad they can't set that up in the EVIC or something for a brief warm up...5 mins. or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts