Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn the knob to move the flow of air from the floor to the vents to the defroster, nothing happens. The flow of air is stuck on the vents. Anyone run into this problem before.

Then.....Not sure if the problem is related, but when it rains, I get water in the passenger side floor & I can figure out where the water is coming from.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Sounds like your damper is stuck open, if it still under warranty I would take it in, before your carpet starts molding

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Out of warranty by 1800 miles. Just heard from the dealer; They said that it is the "Removable Gear Module", any idea what this is / does. Can't find much info online about it.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I think you might want a 2nd opinion Removable gear module? Never heard of one of those. Either you misunderstood or he did not give you the right diagnosis. I am by no means a mechanic but I can Google and there is nothing about removable gear module. I would get a 2nd opinion anyway, best of luck and keeps us informed of what you find out. Oh, and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
most jeeps use vacuum pressure to control the HVAC system in the vehicle. I have never opened up the XK to see but I assume it is the same. When the vacuum is lost they go to a default location, It is usually the defroster but maybe it is different on the commander. There is most likely a vacuum hose that comes from the heater control and into the engine compartment to a port somewhere. I will search the service manual to see if it says anything but look for a small hose near the intake manifold that is disconnected.

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Another good reason to have a vacuum gauge on your dash. Also many engine problem will show up on a vacuum gauge as well as cruise control problems. It's not just for reminding you to keep your foot out of it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, that was my thoughts exactly. I was talking with a lady in the Jeep Dealership service department who I don't think was very skilled in conveying the mechanic's notes. I am going to go into the dealership and talk directly to the mechanic tomorrow. I'll let you know what he comes back with. Thanks for your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts