Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a 06 commander and its our 1st jeep.
not sure if they do this or not.
when we put the heat on and after it gets hot we turn the control down to 0 or off it still blows hot air for a long time. i notice we have to put it on cool or ac in order for it to turn off then it gets stuck on cool??

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
we have a 06 commander and its our 1st jeep.
not sure if they do this or not.
when we put the heat on and after it gets hot we turn the control down to 0 or off it still blows hot air for a long time. i notice we have to put it on cool or ac in order for it to turn off then it gets stuck on cool??
I think you are saying that you turn the fan control to 0 (off). Are you also turning the temp control down? Do you have it on Auto?

Mine has an automatic temperature control setting that I can choose. It has its own control of when the fan is on, where it sends the air and at what temperature based on temp control.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It sounds like the settings for air flow is set to set/open to ventilation; since you mention you have a sport model, if I recall, the knob to the far right needs to be set all the way clockwise (I believe the last two icons are set for only recirc), and the fan speed set to zero. If the dial is NOT pointing within the recirculation choices, you'll have outside air breathing into the XK. I have a Limited, so I'm hoping my guessing is pretty accurate. Any takers?

·
Registered
158 Posts
It sounds like the settings for air flow is set to set/open to ventilation; since you mention you have a sport model, if I recall, the knob to the far right needs to be set all the way clockwise (I believe the last two icons are set for only recirc), and the fan speed set to zero. If the dial is NOT pointing within the recirculation choices, you'll have outside air breathing into the XK. I have a Limited, so I'm hoping my guessing is pretty accurate. Any takers?
This sounds correct to me. air from the vehicle moving is going to blow in, withthe system not on recirc.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont think you understand.
when i have the heat on and it gets to hot i turn the fan to 0 and it still blows hot air. then i turn the heat control to cool and it still blowshot air for a long time. i notice i have to sometimes turn on the a/c on and off then it will switch to cool. but then it will stay blowing out cool air .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i tried that yesterday with nothing different

·
Registered
473 Posts
i was just getting on here to post the same question. my wifes '06 started blowing hot all the time. last week i drove it and it was a pretty nice day out. i had the heat on in the morning but turned it off later and it continued blowing as if it were on high. i had to put the windows down on a 50* day to stay at a comfortable temperature. my wife noticed the same thing the next day and asked me about it. i had the fan off and the temp set to the coolest setting and it continued blowing hot air.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
i dont think you understand.
when i have the heat on and it gets to hot i turn the fan to 0 and it still blows hot air. then i turn the heat control to cool and it still blowshot air for a long time. i notice i have to sometimes turn on the a/c on and off then it will switch to cool. but then it will stay blowing out cool air .
Do you have the automatic temperature controls for the driver and passenger ?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
thanks thats the problem but how do i fix it without the starsan?
You don't, Unless you want to spend $2,000 to get a starscan you will have to visit your dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a similar problem. When my truck is in motion, no matter what the temperature i have it on, thats the temperature of the air blowing into the cab. I have had the recirculation assembly changed 2 times already and again it broke this morning. Is there a known issue with this?

·
Registered
473 Posts
since this post has been resurrected, we are still having this problem with ours. i took it in along with a copy of the TSB and they flashed it ($35) but it still isn't right. now we have a warning light on the dash that has to deal with HVAC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
code p2181 cooling system performance

Hi i onw a jeep commander 2008 sport V6 3.7
hi have 103500 km on it.i have replace 6 month ago the water pump and the thermostat.i dont know why but 2 days ago i saw that my temperature inn the dash was not going up and sometime it those.what could cause that.i alway out oil and prestne and parts from the dealer.is it dangerous if i drive like that with my car.i also dont have heat when the temperature is low.my car those not have any leak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I had the same code pop up on my 2007 commander yesterday. Everything I have read on-line seems to indicate the temperature sensor, but I was also thinking it might be the thermostat since the engine seemed a little hotter than normal and it was a cold day.

thanks!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
You don't, Unless you want to spend $2,000 to get a starscan you will have to visit your dealer.
That is actually very cheap, its about $7k-$8k for the tool, maybe the dealers can get it for that amount. You can find them on e-Bay if you're lucky for that much, but Chrysler and Miller have it set-up that you can't get any support. I don't think your allow to resell them. If you buy one second hand, they will tell you to pound sand, even if you want to pay for updates.

I have AutoEnginuity with the Enhanced Chrysler features, about $500,it can do a lot of what the Starscan can do, but NOT all of it. There are other tools, but they are more expensive. On top of that, after 2006 Chrysler started making their software mega-proprietary, they lock just about all the tools out of being usable with their vehicles, except the dealer tool. So sorry, like I found out, you can spend $500 on the AutoEnginuity and find out it still can't do the procedure for your Jeep and you still have to take it to the dealer and pay them to do it.

AutoEnginuity definitely can NOT flash new software, only tools in the several thousand buck range can do that, and you need a copy of the software to flash on top of that. I have no idea where you can get a copy of the latest software for modules in Chrysler vehicles.

Call around and price the service, Dealer vary by 100% on the price, my area some dealers charge no less than $105 to hook up your vehicle to the Starscan, no matter how simple and short the procedure is, that is needed to be done. Other dealer will only charge $50 for a session, and do multiple things for that fee.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
integra93ls - What happened with your Heating?

I had an air flow problem when the fan was off and selector set to recirculate, air was blowing in from outside.

Stealer replace gear on outside air door, and problem solved.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
integra93ls - What happened with your Heating?

I had an air flow problem when the fan was off and selector set to recirculate, air was blowing in from outside.

Stealer replace gear on outside air door, and problem solved.
The last post in this thread was in November 2011. And integra93ls hasn't been active on the forum since 03-27-2012.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts