Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The prototypes are complete and have been shipped to me. I should see them by Wednesday and hope to install on Thursday.
They have heavyduty tubing and bushings and have a uniball configuration that replaces the OEM ball joint. The pin has been custom made with a tapered end to fit right into the knuckle.

These have not been powder coated in case we need to make tweaks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice, now if they can be made affordable.

·
Registered
175 Posts
looks nice , hope your gonna change out that hardware though , to some grade 8 looks like 5 to me. anxious to hear how it works. also on the poly bushings. if the start to wear they make a one that is the black material most of your sandrail or offroad buggy shops will be familiar with it. i'm just thinking for durability reasons.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the prototypes today! They are BEEFY, SICK, TOTALLY RAD, OFF ROAD RACING MATERIAL!!! They are just like the ones Total Chaos makes for a Tacoma. My friend is going to install for me on Thursday and I will get pictures posted on Friday.

Here is a few more shots. The one pic shows min/max missalignment of the uniball. Its huge compared to an OEM balljoint...means more articulation.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Today is friday, where are the updates!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
That angle doesnt look all that bad. It also looks like the bolt for the uni-ball is shorter then OEM ball joint bolts. That could mean more clearance!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Very nice! Wonder how they'd work with the stock steering knuckles for those of us who have the 2"lifts.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
would it be possible to drill/tap these to put a fitting in to lube the ball?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts