Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive found a heavy metal lift kit 3.5 front 2 in the rear just wonder what size tire i can run hoping for a 33 but i cant force myself to buy until i know what tires go with too

·
Registered
321 Posts
Better off with rough country 2" spacer lift. With pinch weld mod, remolded wheel well liner, and cut bumper you can run 285/70/17

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
He would have to totally cut out the entire pinch weld like I did to clear 285/70's as well as trim the front fender flare, add a 1/2 inch lift spacer to the rear and extended bump stops.

The way my Commander is setup is really the only way to clear 33's (285/70's) without a 4 inch lift

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok but what do you think the heavy metal lift would do for me its 3.5 front so just but like a .5 rear spacer totalling to 2.5 and run 31's which i think are 265's

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm assuming its like the rock Krawler lift? If so don't get it you won't get 3.5" up front. Rough country is 150$ and best spacer lift out there

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have an 06 Hemi with 2in spacer lift. Im wondering if any body has done what im thinking about doing. Getting the heavy metal lift (front is a 3.5 strut extender-for bottom-keep my old spacer) giveing the front a 5.5 lift. Keep ing my 2in spacers for rear and getting 2in bigger springs. Im wondering what all would have to be done besides the caliber offsets? Just want to run 33's with some clearance-but mostly for looks :) I talked to a guy that made his 6in lift-but didnt get to ask him. Wish it was as easy as lifting my other 11 jeeps ive had :) That what comes with the ultimate jeep though-theres only 1 :) Thanks guys...

/Users/TheBryansFamily/Desktop/0-9.jpeg

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have an 06 Hemi with 2in spacer lift. Im wondering if any body has done what im thinking about doing. Getting the heavy metal lift (front is a 3.5 strut extender-for bottom-keep my old spacer) giveing the front a 5.5 lift. Keep ing my 2in spacers for rear and getting 2in bigger springs. Im wondering what all would have to be done besides the caliber offsets? Just want to run 33's with some clearance-but mostly for looks :) I talked to a guy that made his 6in lift-but didnt get to ask him. Wish it was as easy as lifting my other 11 jeeps ive had :) That what comes with the ultimate jeep though-theres only 1 :) Thanks guys...

/Users/TheBryansFamily/Desktop/0-9.jpeg
If your 2wd that COULD work as I did something similar. I ran a 2" spacer with 2" springs and struts underneith. My tie rod angles were HORRIBLE. Also, my steering knuckle contacted the spring almost at a stand still and while driving. If you are 4wd then it's Definitely not reccomended due to cv angles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry for the slow reply, I don't come around too often. I don't have any pics of the install or pieces separately but there was 3.5" difference in the strut forks after I removed the stock and laid it beside the new ones. I'm running 265/70/16 terra grapplers on MB gunner wheels. These wheels allowed me to remove the 1.5" wheel spacers and not sling stones and garbage damaging the paint. I love getting it dirty and playing around but I do care about the paint. I get that everyone talks about the popular brand lifts but I'm pleased with have given the Heavy Metal lift a workout for over a year. So far, so good!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd prefer to do the 4"-6" lift but given the random electrical and other glitches, I doubt I'll keep this too long. I LOVE my commander but it's quite frustrating when something is always screwing up. I think a Rubicon unlimited is in my future. Sad though.. I love how the commander looks and rides. Everyone has a wrangler and you NEVER see Commanders on the trails. It's nice to be different.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've had my commander for almost 2 years now and no problems at all. And I'm 6" lifted with 4.56 gears and a locker :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts