Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I changed my original plans.... I work for a vehicle aftermarket distributor and we had some wheels sitting around here in the warehouse that happen to fit my commander. They're 20X9.5 chrome wheels. We don't deal with this manufacturer anymore so we can't return them for credit and they haven't sold after being here awhile so I was told I could have them for $400 for the set. I also picked up a 2inch Daystar lift as well for it. Now I'm looking at tires, will 265/50/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers fit with this set up?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
FWIW, 265/50/20's are about 30.5 inches that's 1 inch taller than stock. So they'll fit. But I can't say about back spacing. Make sure the wheels clear the brake calipers but I would think they would.

Others will be along and chime in soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing the backspacing is -6, does that sound right?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
With that back spacing the tire/wheel is going to sit out quite far.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't actually measured them but 20x9.5 is what they say they are.... As far as the backspacing and the offset I really don't understand those measurement so I'm guessing the -6 probably isn't right. I'll check and see

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been looking around and haven't found any... does anyone on here have a picture of a Commander on 20 inch wheels?

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put these on my Commander today. MB motoring 20's. Goodyear Wrangler 265/50/20. I probably wouldn't have, but my uncle didn't like these on his Grand Cherokee, so I got them very cheap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good JeffJ, is that stock heighth? I bought the same size tires in Nitto Terra Grapplers and I planned on running them with a 2in daystar lift.... I was gonna go with 275/55R20 but the guys at daystar told me that if I went any bigger then the 265's the tires would rub.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is all stock height. I went through a ditch turning the wheels each way and couldn't get them to rub, so I'm happy with it. I certainly wouldn't do too much off roading with it, but it's good for what I use it for. Seems like a good size. Also, the overall diameter is off by less than 3% so the speedometer is off by less than 2mph at 60mph. So I'm happy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok, so my lift is suppose to be in next week so I'm gonna get it all put together next week hopefully... time permitting. Just out of curiosity on my wheels, the specs state this: 20X9.5 139.7 -6/5IN 87.1mm.
Can someone explain what these numbers mean?? I know that the 20x9.5 is the size, but what is the rest of it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts