Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I live in south of France near Nice...for those who know ...

Until last week i was the happy owner of a 2009 stone white Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 3.8 Rubicon...but i decided to sell it for different reasons, not least because of its fuel consumption, comfort, lack of space and a motorization that I thought lacked a bit of energy ... especially with this gearbox wrong appropriate for this vehicle.
However, I already regret the look of the Wrangler, its playful side and incredible crossing skills!
I really loved this car ... that's why I decided to post it as a profile picture ...

Now it's time to move on and as I fell in love with the Jeep universe for a long time, I decided to buy a Jeep Commander for its out-of-the-ordinary look, comfort, its huge interior space and its off-road capabilities and reliability ... whatever the motorization ...

For me here in France, it will be a 3.0 CRD (Mercedes Benz engine) because of its incredible reputation in terms of reliability and also because here in France, the 3.6, 4.7 and 5.7 engines were not widespread especially because of the cost of fuel.

So it will be a Black 3.0 CRD Limited, 170000 km (105633 miles...i think), i'm going to pick it up on Wednesday in the north of France after a thorough inspection, follow-up and maintenance check and an on-road and off-road test!

I'll back to you soon with some pics !

Oh ! I was going to forget ! You have to wonder why a little frenchy comes to register on a forum in the United States ??? Well simply because the French Jeep Commander community is almost non-existent since this vehicle did not have much success here in France ... so not very common, and therefore very little mentioned in the French Jeep forums!

So as you can imagine...I rely a lot on the forum jeep Commander.com to find useful information for my project.

I already read a lot of post ... very interesting!

Please do not hesitate to send me your advice for my purchase coming on wednesday ... check points on the vehicle before the purchase, good questions to ask the seller, etc ...

thank you in advance
Chris

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
Hi everyone,

I live in south of France near Nice...for those who know ...

Until last week i was the happy owner of a 2009 stone white Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 3.8 Rubicon...but i decided to sell it for different reasons, not least because of its fuel consumption, comfort, lack of space and a motorization that I thought lacked a bit of energy ... especially with this gearbox wrong appropriate for this vehicle.
However, I already regret the look of the Wrangler, its playful side and incredible crossing skills!
I really loved this car ... that's why I decided to post it as a profile picture ...

Now it's time to move on and as I fell in love with the Jeep universe for a long time, I decided to buy a Jeep Commander for its out-of-the-ordinary look, comfort, its huge interior space and its off-road capabilities and reliability ... whatever the motorization ...

For me here in France, it will be a 3.0 CRD (Mercedes Benz engine) because of its incredible reputation in terms of reliability and also because here in France, the 3.6, 4.7 and 5.7 engines were not widespread especially because of the cost of fuel.

So it will be a Black 3.0 CRD Limited, 170000 km (105633 miles...i think), i'm going to pick it up on Wednesday in the north of France after a thorough inspection, follow-up and maintenance check and an on-road and off-road test!

I'll back to you soon with some pics !

Oh ! I was going to forget ! You have to wonder why a little frenchy comes to register on a forum in the United States ??? Well simply because the French Jeep Commander community is almost non-existent since this vehicle did not have much success here in France ... so not very common, and therefore very little mentioned in the French Jeep forums!

So as you can imagine...I rely a lot on the forum jeep Commander.com to find useful information for my project.

I already read a lot of post ... very interesting!

Please do not hesitate to send me your advice for my purchase coming on wednesday ... check points on the vehicle before the purchase, good questions to ask the seller, etc ...

thank you in advance
Chris
@bwana74 ;

Welcome to the forum.

Post some pics of your Commander when you are able.

Here are some links to help you out if you decide to do some upgrades or repairs to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ukey_make=1064

Cheapest factory Parts: Find OEM BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Mopar, Nissan, Subaru & Toyota Parts & Accessories

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - http://www.justforjeeps.com/?gclid=C...9i0hoCSS7w_wcB

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - http://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

The Steel Armadillo - Jeep Commander (XK/HK) 2006-2010

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/j...catalog%2Fjeep

Also, please read this if you haven't done so already - lots of good information in here;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Thanks and again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bonjour et bienvenue!

You are lucky to have the 3.0 CRD option for your powertrain. I am curious what your fuel mileage will be with the diesel. I get about 13 mpg with my Hemi so far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
bienvenue!!!

J'aimerais que je peux avoir le 3.0 CRD ici aux etats unis... mais je suppose que j'aime bien la puissance de mon 4.7 v8 ;)

There's not a lot of us on here but everyone's up to something here. Would love to see pics if you have any.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Big Blue and thanks a lot for your welcome and all these very interesting links ! Very appreciated !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi 5.7Jeep...thans for your welcome...i will tell you more at the end of the week about the fuel mileage of the 3.0 CRD !

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Erick !
Thanks for your welcome...and congratulations for your very good french speeking !
First i was looking for a 4.7 or 5.7...but very very difficult to find here...i saw only 2 or 3...and not in good conditions...so i went back to the 3.0 CRD...which was the most sold here in Europe...
Pics will come ASAP.
Have a great day !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad to see a Jeep on the other side of the pond..... I bet the Commander is a rare vehicle over there...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome!

That 3.0 XH is going to be nice, that V6 has the highest torque rating of all the engines offered except the 09-10 Hemi.

I'd love that model if diesel wasn't so expensive here in the US. It's almost as much as premium fuel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi everyone !
I'm back after a very long time !
Last year i was introducing myself in this Forum as i was about to buy a 3.0 CRD Jeep Commander...but unfortunately, at the last minute, while I was about to fly to pick it up, the salesman called me to tell me he had sold it to another person !!!
I was so disappointed that I dropped for several months before looking for another vehicle...
But finally...i found another one few months ago in Belgium !
It's an amazing 2008 3.0 CRD Overland, brilliant black crystal pearl, full options, 168000 km and and it works perfectly with this fantastic hyper-torque Mercedes V6 engine with an incredible sound !
I have already made some modifications to be able to go to the mountains, I'll send you few pictures in the week!
I am very happy to finally be back in your community to share my experiences with yours.
See you soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi everyone !

As promised in my last message here are few pics of my 2008 3.0 V6 Overland XH...

Recently modified by myself :

- 42" / 540 W / 6000 K led light bar on the hood
- 5" / 42 W / 6000 K led reverse lights on the rear bumper
- 2" OME lift kit
- JBA Upper Control Arms
- Reverse camera replacement with a better quality than the original

Future transformations :

- 265-70-17 mud terrain tires (choice to be defined...but i love Nokian rockproof or Falken wildpeak ???)
- Airflow snorkel
- Rock rails (so as to replace those horrible footsteps !!!) Don't know exactly which rockrails i'll install and where to find them ??? Not available here in France so looking to import them from USA (4xguard ??) if someone have an idea or recommandations for me about this...maybe here in Europe...feel free to tell me ???
- Various skid plates for the underside (axles, engine, transfer & gear cases...)

...and then will be ready for ballads in our fantastic mountains !

See you soon !

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts