Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fayetteville to be exact. My Dad bought a new car and sold me his '06 Commander Limited w/ 5.7L Hemi. So far I've polished the headlights and added Auto Vent Shades. I plan on building it up to look more like a 4x4 and less of an SUV.

Before polishing

After polishing

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome! I also have a 2006 Limited that I bought new and am only start to modify it now. Never too late! This is a great forum to learn from, especially when you get used to the search function. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Fayetteville to be exact. My Dad bought a new car and sold me his '06 Commander Limited w/ 5.7L Hemi. So far I've polished the headlights and added Auto Vent Shades. I plan on building it up to look more like a 4x4 and less of an SUV.

NC, What did you polish the headlights with, they look good? I recently replaced my fog lights it cost between $30/40 and I had no luck reconditioning them. Enjoy our new ride. I am leaving a week from this Sunday for the OBX for a trip my annual fishing( since 1980) and concerned about the roads, would appreciate if you could keep me informed on I-95 road conditions.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kodiak and best of luck with your Commander.

I usually post these links for all the new members that might want to shop for upgrades:

Cheapest factory Parts: Find OEM BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Mopar, Nissan, Subaru & Toyota Parts & Accessories

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - http://www.justforjeeps.com/?gclid=C...9i0hoCSS7w_wcB

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - http://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

NC, What did you polish the headlights with, they look good? I recently replaced my fog lights it cost between $30/40 and I had no luck reconditioning them. Enjoy our new ride. I am leaving a week from this Sunday for the OBX for a trip my annual fishing( since 1980) and concerned about the roads, would appreciate if you could keep me informed on I-95 road conditions.
To do your headlights watch and follow this video.

I-95 is open both ways atm.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome buddy. That's a beautiful jeep, congrats. Sounds good plans for mods. Enjoy!
Thanks. My Dad took great care of it and had regular maintenance done. It's coming up on 65,000 miles and a lot of that is highway miles.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Beautiful rig!

Great car to keep in the family!

You will find many great ideas on how to make your ride just as nice as a wrangler on the trails, I commit mine to the trails and will be hitting very serious trails soon with the new lift.

By the way, you are officially broke for the rest of your life now... Jeep owner.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts