Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owned this commander for obout 4 years now. Love it, Now having electrical and overheat issues. Hope for some help from this forum. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, the cooling fans only run when you pull the 50amp fuse out and re insert the same fuse. I have replaced the coolant sensor, swapped out the fan relays with others that checked good. Bought and installed new fan motor. With engine running, the scan tool reads coolant temp at 205 and does not go higher, fan does not come on. If I pull fuse and put it back in, the fan comes on and does not shut off. The fan takes the temp down to 195 but does not shut off the engine. When I start back up fan runs for about 30 seconds and shuts off. Fan will not start again till you start the process again. Fan not coming on did cause an overheat . I think the leaking is coming from the plastic side of the radiator. Ordered new radiator. Check engine light comes on when I pull the fuse. It stays on till I clear the code. PO480. I hope to get some help on this site before taking the vehicle to the local mechanic. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok , sorry, It is a 3.7. New coolant sensor. What temp. does the fan usually turn on. And when does it turn off. The radiator was steaming at 205. That doesn't seem hot enough. When I unplugged the fuse and put it back the fan came on.

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
Owned this commander for obout 4 years now. Love it, Now having electrical and overheat issues. Hope for some help from this forum. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum @medwards;

The very first thing I would do in your position would be to go to the website below and plug in your VIN to see if all the factory re-calls & campaigns have been completed:

Safety Recall Information | MOPAR

The difference between a safety recall and a campaign is that a safety recall pertains to a vehicle problem that is a safety concern; a campaign is a vehicle problem that is not a safety concern, but, pertains to customer satisfaction.

If there are any factory recalls or campaigns that are outstanding, that should be your very first order of business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts