1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006, 4.7L, 4x4, purchased @121k mi.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello!

Specs in the signature.

Just left the German world for the American (Fiat) world! Was driving a newer BMW. Since moving back to the PNW (Vancouver, WA), I've been itching to get a bit more off road. I took the German bucket of bolts to some pretty gnarly places - but excited to see where I can take the Jeep. Goal is to have something road worthy, as well as mildly offroad capable. Torn between the 2, and 4 inch lifts. Wanting a roof rack, and off road lights. Other than that, nothing too crazy.

First day of owning the rig, the check engine light comes on (Yesterday). Replaced a solenoid(EDIT: I replaced the EATX -RELAY- not solenoid), and seems to be okay now (P0700, and P2706 - both pointing to a solenoid in the transmission not getting power) Hopefully that's all it was. Just Jeep things, I suppose. (UPDATE: This did not fix the issue - solenoid pack ordered and will be dropping the transmission pan next weekend to replace it)

In addition to that, the radiator sprung a leak near where the top tube connects. Anyone have the hookup on a 100% aluminum one for a decent price? Elsewise, I'm going to buy a $100 one off of FleaBay.

Other than that - normal plastic bits that need to be replaced. Anywho, here's a few photos from the first day out! Looking forward to doing it again. :)

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,149 Posts
@kylekruchok My favorite part of the world.
To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have. There are 4 drive types and if you get your build sheet to figure out which one you have -add it to your signature. The 4 are 2 wheel, QT1, QT2 and QD2.

·
Registered
2006, 4.7L, 4x4, purchased @121k mi.
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@kylekruchok My favorite part of the world.
To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have. There are 4 drive types and if you get your build sheet to figure out which one you have -add it to your signature. The 4 are 2 wheel, QT1, QT2 and QD2.
Hi there! What part of the world are you in?

I downloaded that build sheet the first time I saw that site existed - and have it on my computer at home. My signature has QTII in it - but I guess I should change that to QT2? (and 4x4, instead of 4WD) - I'll get on that.

I just ordered the shift solenoid pack, and am going to try to do an easy to follow / written out guide on replacing it. I've seen a couple tutorials running around, but they're not that good - or don't have "an idiot's guide" mentality to them - which I work really well with.

I've done some engine work before, but never messed with a transmission (until later this week).

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,149 Posts
QTII or QT2 are both fine, also on QDII or QD2. Yes the commanders are 4 wheel drive and not all wheel drive. You don't need to change anything, your signature is great. I guess I just don't like roman numerals. :LOL:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts