Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So I am obviously a new member, and I believe that I am suppose to be writing an introduction page so that I can have certain restrictions lifted from my account, so that I might be able to post a question about my Commander. Anyways, I have an 06' commander thats halfway between a base model, and a limited model (I believes its like a 65th anniversary trim package), so it came with certain components that only the limited and up had, but others were straight base model things. I have owned the Commander for just over a year now, bought it with just a hair over 100k on it, and to be totally honest, its felt like a bit of a lemon. Have had it back to the dealer too many times now. So I want to start seeing what I can do to avoid having the Jeep on the dealers lot so often. I have an extended warranty, but that will expire soon anyways.

Uhm, not sure what else to write here... I work at a church, I am a facilities manager. I play a few instruments, and enjoy disc golfing when my vehicle is actually running to take me to the courses... I also own a 98' frontier, that blew up and lead to the purchase of the commander, which I am currently in the process of learning how to rebuild an engine with one of my friends so that we can try to unload the Frontier.

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
Hi,

So I am obviously a new member, and I believe that I am suppose to be writing an introduction page so that I can have certain restrictions lifted from my account, so that I might be able to post a question about my Commander. Anyways, I have an 06' commander thats halfway between a base model, and a limited model (I believes its like a 65th anniversary trim package), so it came with certain components that only the limited and up had, but others were straight base model things. I have owned the Commander for just over a year now, bought it with just a hair over 100k on it, and to be totally honest, its felt like a bit of a lemon. Have had it back to the dealer too many times now. So I want to start seeing what I can do to avoid having the Jeep on the dealers lot so often. I have an extended warranty, but that will expire soon anyways.

Uhm, not sure what else to write here... I work at a church, I am a facilities manager. I play a few instruments, and enjoy disc golfing when my vehicle is actually running to take me to the courses... I also own a 98' frontier, that blew up and lead to the purchase of the commander, which I am currently in the process of learning how to rebuild an engine with one of my friends so that we can try to unload the Frontier.
@[email protected];

Welcome to the forum.

First & foremost, I would check and make sure all of the factory recalls & campaigns for your Commander have been completed before you do anything else.

You can check to see if all of the factory re-calls & campaigns have been completed for by clicking on the hyperlink below & just plugging in your VIN;

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehic...ls/search.html

The difference between a safety recall and a campaign is this; a safety recall pertains to a vehicle problem that is a safety concern; a campaign is a vehicle problem that is not a safety concern, but, pertains to customer satisfaction.

The next thing I would do is get the factory build sheet for your Commander so you know what equipment options your Commander came with from the factory and figure out what may have been added by a previous owner - which is important information to know.

To get the factory build sheet for the Commander you are looking at, or for the Commander you have already bought, click on the link below and navigate to "Your Vehicle" click on "Equipment Listing" and then enter your VIN number in the box that says "VIN" and hit "Search". The factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your vehicle had installed from the factory when it was built.

Dodge - Contact Us

Alternate Link: https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/eqlisting_detail/

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hi,

welcome. There is lots of information regarding repairs and maintainance on these vehicles here. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts