Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Nate and I've got a 2006 Base model, 2WD Commander with a 3.7L. We've had the XK for a while now, however it has been garage bound for some time. It is now time to get this gem back up and on the road. The intent is that it will be my new daily replacing my very old and beat up pickup.

·
Registered
2007 Commander Limited Hemi 2wd
41 Posts
“Downgrading” in size (if we wanna call it that for now) from a 4 door pickup into this Commander has been a breath of fresh air.

Yeah I miss my rig but for real life DD experiences, Im happier with my Jeep.

Gas mileage is better even with a bigger engine! lol

and coming from previously driving a Beamer, these rigs are 1/2 the labor and 1/2 the $$$ on parts.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
“Downgrading” in size (if we wanna call it that for now) from a 4 door pickup into this Commander has been a breath of fresh air.

Yeah I miss my rig but for real life DD experiences, Im happier with my Jeep.

Gas mileage is better even with a bigger engine! lol

and coming from previously driving a Beamer, these rigs are 1/2 the labor and 1/2 the $$$ on parts.

Enjoy!
Great to hear. My XK is simple, 3.7 and 2WD but its more about a reliability factor (yes I know its an XK and reliability is not a common attribute most point out), but I leaving behind a pickup I've been driving for the last 16 years.

·
Registered
2007 Limited, 5.7L HEMI, QD-II, Custom 3" Cat Back Exhaust
61 Posts
Hey it moves under her own steam..

Lol, mine sat for 2 years...new HEMI needed..lmfao

Nothing like dropping $8k on an engine for something that you've had to whack the weeds around for 18 months...hahaha

Glad your putting that good thing use...
Will follow what happens with the old girl

·
Administrator
8,445 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Nate and I've got a 2006 Base model, 2WD Commander with a 3.7L. We've had the XK for a while now, however it has been garage bound for some time. It is now time to get this gem back up and on the road. The intent is that it will be my new daily replacing my very old and beat up pickup.
Welcome to the forum @XKJeepFan;

Looking forward to hearing about your efforts.

·
Administrator
8,445 Posts
Hey it moves under her own steam..

Lol, mine sat for 2 years...new HEMI needed..lmfao

Nothing like dropping $8k on an engine for something that you've had to whack the weeds around for 18 months...hahaha

Glad your putting that good thing use...
Will follow what happens with the old girl
You have a new engine in your XK @Jeep4Life86 ?

Congrats on that, I bet she's running great now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it’s been some time but there is an update … and hopefully pics and news to follow for some time.
After a year abroad the 3.7 was rebuild and it’s running yet again.

At this point it’s made one trip halfway cross country here in the US, and has more trips ahead of it. So far only minor high milage repairs and replacements to make. Front seatbelts need some work, rear glass lifts need replaced but I’m looking forward to the problem solving process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts