Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Commander Sport; Inferno Red Crystal Pearl; 103,200 Miles; 3.7l V-6; QT-I 4WD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! Here is my new member post.

I've had my Commander for a few years now and enjoy turning wrenches on it. I try to do most of my own maintenance and repairs on it. I have the Auto Enginuity scanner setup on a ThinkPad 10 that goes into a ruggedized case for car days. Bought the Jeep library for it which has come in handy with my wife's '94 Wrangler, '06 Grand Cherokee and my Commander. I wish I had done more research before committing to that solution, but I am happy to be able to do things at home that I'd otherwise have to go to the dealer for.

Anyways, that's me. Just started a new career as a CNC apprentice so it'll be interesting once I learn the programming side and really get into the nitty gritty of designing parts. Possibilities are endless!

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Commander Sport; Inferno Red Crystal Pearl; 103,200 Miles; 3.7l V-6; QT-I 4WD
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little bit of camping, trying out the tent that allows tailgate access. Worked out well, an inflatable Coleman Full mattress fits pretty well back there.
Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle

Reactions: dar124

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Putting it through its paces towing my project car back home from MA. Did pretty well, Tow adapter clips right into the Beetle's front beam, and is literally no tongue weight.

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,291 Posts
Are you sure it's a "Sport"? With the chrome on the sides it appears to be a "Limited.
Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you sure it's a "Sport"? With the chrome on the sides it appears to be a "Limited."
Hello! Yes, after looking into the packages on my Jeep, it looks like there's a chrome package of some sort, but it's definitely a sport. However much I would have loved a limited with a V8 when I was looking for one. I love tinkering with all the features.

·
Super Moderator
1,291 Posts
Yes you are right, I looked closer at the photos and no chrome rivets on the fender flairs. Some people have added the chrome strips on the sides.

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander Base 3.7 litre V6, 4WD QT-I
15 Posts
Looks like one side of your Commanders roof rack is flat black and the other bare aluminum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like one side of your Commanders roof rack is flat black and the other bare aluminum!
Ha! Nah, they're from different points in time, recently I found the limited roof rack, crossbars and grab handles on eBay for less than what others were selling for just the crossbars. So naturally I jumped at the opportunity!

·
Administrator
7,320 Posts
Greetings! Here is my new member post.

I've had my Commander for a few years now and enjoy turning wrenches on it. I try to do most of my own maintenance and repairs on it. I have the Auto Enginuity scanner setup on a ThinkPad 10 that goes into a ruggedized case for car days. Bought the Jeep library for it which has come in handy with my wife's '94 Wrangler, '06 Grand Cherokee and my Commander. I wish I had done more research before committing to that solution, but I am happy to be able to do things at home that I'd otherwise have to go to the dealer for.

Anyways, that's me. Just started a new career as a CNC apprentice so it'll be interesting once I learn the programming side and really get into the nitty gritty of designing parts. Possibilities are endless!
@Howitzer73 ;

Welcome to the forum;

Please read the New Member Required Reading below; It contains loads of great information & resources for Commander owners;

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

Also, here are some links if you need to order any parts for repairs or upgrades to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

North American Parts: https://northamericanparts.rpmware.c...unt/login.aspx

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - https://www.justforjeeps.com/

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - https://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAj...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

Jeep Steel Bumpers
jeepsteel.com

Home
- jeepsteel.com

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...catalog%2Fjeep

I hope you find this information useful & again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2006 Jeep Commander Base 3.7 litre V6, 4WD QT-I
15 Posts
Ha! Nah, they're from different points in time, recently I found the limited roof rack, crossbars and grab handles on eBay for less than what others were selling for just the crossbars. So naturally I jumped at the opportunity!
Nice!!! I love eBay. Last summer I was able to Mopar flat black my roof rack. I notice it on all Commanders now when I am out driving through town. LOL

·
Administrator
7,320 Posts
Yes you are right, I looked closer at the photos and no chrome rivets on the fender flairs. Some people have added the chrome strips on the sides.
I added the chrome door moldings, chrome AC vent trim rings & the chrome rear grab handles to my Sport.

The only way you can really tell at a glance, that my XK is not a Limited, is by looking at the fender flares (no rivets) & the factory roof rails, I don't have the chrome sticker accents on the side of the roof rails, that the Limited's came with.

I liked the look of keeping the roof rails black, goes good with my Black Rola Vortex roof basket.

·
Administrator
7,320 Posts
Too bad you're not in Minnesota! My company is bringing CNC capability in house and we're starting to look for techs. Hard to find right now!

Happy camping!
I would actually love to go to Minnesota - If it wasn't so cold there....LOL.

·
Super Moderator
1,291 Posts
It would work for me - I'm Lutheran.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I added the chrome door moldings, chrome AC vent trim rings & the chrome rear grab handles to my Sport.

The only way you can really tell at a glance, that my XK is not a Limited, is by looking at the fender flares (no rivets) & the factory roof rails, I don't have the chrome sticker accents on the side of the roof rails, that the Limited's came with.

I liked the look of keeping the roof rails black, goes good with my Black Rola Vortex roof basket.
That jeep looks real clean! How do you like the basket? I'm starting to look into storage options for road trips- interior storage with all three rows in use is severely lacking.

·
Administrator
7,320 Posts
That jeep looks real clean! How do you like the basket? I'm starting to look into storage options for road trips- interior storage with all three rows in use is severely lacking.
I love it, plenty of space;

Easy to install & take off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Too bad you're not in Minnesota! My company is bringing CNC capability in house and we're starting to look for techs. Hard to find right now!

Happy camping!
Thanks! It definitely feels like a good time to get into manufacturing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts