Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time forum visitor, just picked up my 07 Commander yesterday. I have the base sound system and went over to crutchfield.com to order a new HU. Do I really need the canbus adapter? I have searched the posts on here and some have said that they have spliced into the cig lighter to gain access to a switchable 12v instead of the canbus adapter. Is this true? If so, what color wire is going to the cig lighter and is there easy access to it. Will I get any service lights by not using the canbus or lose any functions? Last thing, my dash is Khaki does anyone know an alternative to the black dash kit that is on crutchfield for aftermarket radios?
Thanks
Marco

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any help on this issue. Do I need the canbus adapter if I have the base audio system. Crutchfield's website says I need that to get a switchable 12 v.
Any advice from the pros out there.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
In short, yes, you need a canbus adapter. You DO NOT want to cut any wires when you install the new stereo. You'll end up replacing the entire under dash wiring harness if you do. XSVI6502 should be the wiring harness you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts